D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Fitz: We're in total agreement about priorities. I have zero interest in fighting the enemies on the bridge. I was just saying that we should give them a round or so to move toward Aubrin, since they're not in the fog cloud, and *then* book it. I think a lot of us would go down between their opp attacks and then regular attacks if we tried to flee right now.

Harb's javelin means that hob in the building can't attack for at least this round, since he'll have to use his action to try and break out. So all I was saying is: let's get ready to run, and wail on G1 in the meantime. Flint could toss a fire bolt; Lal could hit from reach with his halberd, and Sister Grace is sturdy enough to come give him a slam with her mace.

If people are on the fence about attacking because of fog cloud: Loosh is last in init, so none of our attacks are at disadvantage till next round.

Fog cloud was a really good choice though. Hopefully it'll mean less damage to us this round.

I am also hoping that since eayres has realized how brutally over a barrel we are here, that hob in the building will turn out to be a mook, not a Hulk. We don't know what kind it is yet.

Greenmtn: Have fun and be safe! I saw this on Ridiculousness a few weeks ago (don't judge meeee) and I physically recoil when I think of it:

[video=youtube;VOKJTI1qJWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKJTI1qJWw[/video]

As far as the video goes all I can say is...
Gene-Pool-Uncle-Sam.jpg

If that got his eye it's gone, he will likely never use it again, unless they dump gobs and gobs of money into surgeries and get lucky. I'm a stickler for safety in the game. As long as people play safe it's great fun, I've been playing since 1999.

Unless they have upgraded something since last year in order to get service you need to walk to the top of the hill, stand on one foot, rub your belly and hold your phone at a perfect 45* angle with a southern wind in order to get service. SO I'll check in before I leave, and maybe during pitstops on the ride but it might be Monday before I post.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that fight was impossible to win...

It's a bit metagamey, but I guess maybe the opposition looks fearsome - great equipment, moves like superior fighters etc... ie we can't tell exactly their stats, but we "feel" we are over-matched.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that fight was impossible to win...

It's a bit metagamey, but I guess maybe the opposition looks fearsome - great equipment, moves like superior fighters etc... ie we can't tell exactly their stats, but we "feel" we are over-matched.

I agree. I don't really believe that any competent combatant can't size up an opponent and know (not exactly, but within the ball-park) if they're outmatched. These goblins almost certainly look tough. It would be different if we were talking about some kind of super-tough goblin assassin that tries to pretend it's a lowly goblin grunt. This isn't the case. These are an elite group of bridge-guards, well-kitted and even (AFAIR) from some kind of tougher tribe.

One way or anther, these don't look like rabble.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Would the stump remover, if used on the surface of the bridge, do enough damage to the structure to prevent easy crossing?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Quick questions/comments

1: The fog isn't where I expected it to be...
2: Where is Lal?
3: having a numbered grid is *hugely* useful, thank you... but I"m having a hard time seeing the numbers
4: Forest? As in the upper-right corner of the map?
5: Probably wont' be able to post until this evening but we shall see.

eayres33

Explorer
Sorry a very long Saturday made me feel like I needed all of Sunday to recover.

So to answer JustinCase, if you used the stump remover on the surface of the bridge it would prevent any siege type weapons from crossing until repaired and would slow any large scale troop movement. But small patrols and scouting parties would be mainly unaffected.

On to Ancalagon’s questions.
1.For the fog it hit where Fitz had placed it, which I think was the 20ft radius square that would cover the most party member at the time it was cast. I don’t think the fog moves but I could be mistaken.
2. I have Lal at G14 and for some reason I labeled him LR, if you would rather still be in the fog at H14 I am fine with that, I believe your post had you running towards the bridge so I moved you 30 feet in that direction.
3. Yes the number came up supper small due to the size of the map, and somehow even smaller when it gets attached to the post, if I use a map of this size again I will most likely rescale it to 10ft to make it easier to read.
4. Yes the upper right hand portion of the map has the fir trees with are the tip of a very large forest.

Remove ads