• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

SunGold

First Post
Corsa looks for a likely target for her daggers, but as she does a quick scan of the battlefield, she realizes how outmatched they are. She makes a quick decision and sheathes her daggers, then runs from the cover of the building, stopping just in front of Vin.

"You're too pretty to die like this, Vin," she says over her shoulder, forcing a grin. She turns back to the hobgoblins, watching their movements carefully and hoping to dodge their attacks.

OOC: Move: J10
Action: Dodge

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Go quick" Harb says to the townspeople behind him, motioning to the building and moving there himself, trying to stay between them and the Goblinoids.

Move to N5? Immediately to the left of Raux at the far corner of the building.

eayres33

Explorer
Raux sneaks around the corner of the building and unleashes an arrow that comes just short of the mark. Flint attempts to sneak by Raux to the water front but a few fireworks explode above his head, alerting everyone to his presence

Vin steps out a shots a bolt of fire right passed a goblin on the bridge, while Corsa takes up a defensive stance in front of Vin.

Harb and the townsfolks sprint behind the building finding cover, while Lal throws a javelin a little short of his target.

Loosh knowing discretion can be the better part of valor moves quickly to cover, but not before he brings a sacred flame coming from the sky catching just enough of the goblin to singe his skin.

The Goblin closest to the building charges Corsa and lands a devastating blow on his first attack but comes up short on his second.

The other goblins runs close to Lal and swings twice with his flail with Lal only feeling the breeze as the weapons miss.

The Hobgoblins on the bridge move up slowly staying cautious while their goblin allies attack.

GM:
To keep things moving, I’m going to have Sister Grace is going to ready an action for next turn.

H1, H2, and H3 all move forward on the bridge and take the dodge action, so all attacks on them next turn will be at disadvantage.

H4 stands up and moves towards the door.

[sblock=Positions and Condition]
Raux o11 HP 12/12
Flint o13 HP 9/9
Vin j9 HP8/8
Corsa J10 HP 1/10
Harb n5 HP 8/12
Lal I9 HP 11/14
Sister Grace L7 HP 10/10
Loosh L5 HP5/9
G1 J11 HP 33/33
G2 F9 HP 32/33
H1 I14 HP 65/65
H2 J17 HP 18/18
H3 F17 HP 18/18
H4 L9 HP ?/? [/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Raux 20
Flint 17
Vin 14
Corsa 9
Harb 7
Lal 7
Sister Grace 4
Loosh 3

H2 23
H1 22
H3 19
H4 10
G1 9
G2 4 [/sblock]

[sblock=Rolls]
secret roll: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15

G2 dex st: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

G1 attack 1a on Corsa: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14

G1 attack 1b on Corsa: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

Damage one on Corsa: 1D8+3 = [6]+3 = 9

G1 attack 2a on Corsa: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

G2 attack 1 on Lal: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7

G2 attack 2 on Lal: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6

[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
End1.jpg
[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
"Time to go Corsa," Vin laughs as he draws his second blade and launches an attack at the the goblin. "I'll catch up; if I can."

[sblock=action]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[/sblock]

eayres33

Explorer
The Hobgoblins on the bridge turn as an arrow and multiple rocks bounce off the armor or hit the ground next to one of the crossbow experts.

The lone Hobgoblin with sword drawn yells some harsh words and the crossbow experts ready to move towards the woods.

GM:
So secret roll was for Aubrin, Jet, the Bartender and another saved townsfolk.
Advantage for attacking unseen cancels disadvantage from dodge so regular attack and well, damn half-plate armor
Bow attack from woods on H2: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

Rock attack on H2: 1D20 = [14] = 14

Rock attack 2 on H2: 1D20 = [6] = 6

Rock attack 3 on H2: 1D20 = [3] = 3

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh prays to Gozreh in his time of need and a deep, cloying fog rolls off the river, laying thick over the near side of the bridge. "We go through!" he shouts to everyone assembled. "The gods are with us!"

He waves for them to follow and runs for the bridge.

OOC: Total obscurement in a 20 foot radius. Should cover from H to O and from 9 to 16. Loosh runs 30' toward the bridge.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb looks to the townspeople "Hang back a bit to stay safe, if I fall stick with the others, they will keep you safe."

He runs to the door of the building clutches a javelin in both hands and drives it into the ground wedging the door shut, them moves on towards the battle he hears going on on the other side of the building. He stops, looks around assessing the situation, realizing they have cover to cross the bridge but that his ally is locked in battle with an armored goblin he prepares to remove the creatures darkness from this world.
OOC: Looks like if I can move diagonal I can make it to I10. If not I'll stop at I8

SunGold

First Post
Corsa stumbles back and chokes out a bit of blood, dazed by the hit. "F*ck," she utters, trying to pull herself together.

Vin's attacks urge the goblin backwards, and Corsa uses the opportunity to take a breath and toss a dagger, managing to catch him in the arm. She holds onto her side and stumbles around the building, stopping between Raux and Flint.

OOC: Forgot I can only stow one weapon at a time, so Corsa still had one dagger out from last round.

Action: Throw dagger at G1, draw another dagger for next round
Move: O12

Thrown dagger at G1: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
Dagger damage: 1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Rolled sneak attack dmg separately, because it'll only apply if Flint decides to melee the goblin. If applicable:

Sneak attack on G1: 1D6 = [6] = 6

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
So we have three people left to post. Sister Grace has a reaction readied, so she can use that and then have her full movement, attack. I believe we also have Flint and Lal to go. I'm going to hold off posting to give them more time, since every move matters this battle. I most likely won't get a post up tomorrow since its my home game night and I have to be up early the next morning, but we will see.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads