(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution Recruiting Thread (Overun Thread)

Claims

Mantis Clan
* Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 25 : IR 50
* Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL 25 : IR 50
* Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL 25 : IR 50
* Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Centipede Clan
* Isaru Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Wasp Clan
* Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1

-------------------

Are what I'll be claiming for a start, looks like a nice solid place and a bit isolated. Perfect for the casual Rokugan Newbie :D

PL 105
(You can pick up to 120 right? So I'll fill my 15 up with custums. I'll present them to you as soon as I read up on my 7 PDF files concerning rokugan and this whole buiseness :) At least then I'll eb able to talk about this heh.

btw just a bit surprising but Mantis got the highest IR rating by far and noone took it... I know nothing about Rokugan so do they jsut suck or something but that massive IR rating looks nice to me. Guess I'm missing something, and tomorrow when I've read up on it all I'll find out that historically you are all supposed to hate me or something :D

Xeriar

First Post
Re: Claims

The Forsaken One said:

btw just a bit surprising but Mantis got the highest IR rating by far and noone took it... I know nothing about Rokugan so do they jsut suck or something but that massive IR rating looks nice to me. Guess I'm missing something, and tomorrow when I've read up on it all I'll find out that historically you are all supposed to hate me or something :D

The three provinces involved are extremely spread out. The Phoenix are right next to the Moshi/Centipede, the Scorpion, Lion, Crane, Fox and Sparrow are right next to the Tsuruchi/Wasp, and the Crane and Crab both have easy access to the Isles of the Mantis.

So basically, if you are cocky, every single force in Rokugan save the Unicorn, Dragon and Shadowlands can attack you. Considering the basis for this IR is yet another act of treason by the Mantis, if you do not play well you could be in the unenviable position of facing five opponents at once.

Yeha I was just going over the map. The Centipede and Wasp are really far far away. Didn't know the was a part of them. THought everything except for the Wasp and the Centipede was a part of the Island group.

Guess I'm wrong :p

What faction(s) is the island group alone then?

But access to islands is always way way harder then access by Land.

And btw why is there /mantis in front of the wasp and centipede when they aren't even near the mantis clan.........?

(I just read they absorbed them during some war but how the hell did they do that..?)

Last edited:

Xeriar

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Yeha I was just going over the map. The Centipede and Wasp are really far far away. Didn't know the was a part of them. THought everything except for the Wasp and the Centipede was a part of the Island group.

Guess I'm wrong :p

What faction(s) is the island group alone then?

Just the Mantis stuff. It's your decision of course.

I really have to wonder why so much was assigned to the Centipede and Wasp err, Moshi and Tsuruchi, though. These two are very small, very well fortified.

The Wasp/Tsuruchi are the greatest archers in all of the land, and the Centipede/Moshi are some of the finest Shugenja amongst the Minor Clans.

Since the destruction of the Dragonfly, the Centipede are pretty much the nitshiz for Minor clan shugenja.
Still, they are next to the Phoenix, although they maintain a temple right next to the Scorpion clan (or at least did).

I don't know much about IR stuff. This is just stuff I know from the old Clan-War era books and items that took place afterwards.

Yes indeed, I expected all the large PL and IR families/clans and stuff to be on the islands of the Mantis, not in 2 small fortresses spread out over Rokugan.

Any Rokugan expert here care to explain ?:D

Xeriar

First Post
Hida Sonoru Description (my own made up stuff, not cannon):

Hida Sonoru was a minor daimyo charged with maintaining the northwestern Crab lands. His family was trained to recieve the diplomats from the Crane, who would not enter Yasuki territory. As with all Hida, he serves his time along the Wall as well, however he finds his duties split between negotiating with the Crane and other clans, and facing the horrors of the Shadowlands.

His warrior-diplomat nature has gained him a great deal of respect and power among the Crab, but he is uncertain if he is competant enough for the times to come.

---

Is that alright?

Xeriar

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Yes indeed, I expected all the large PL and IR families/clans and stuff to be on the islands of the Mantis, not in 2 small fortresses spread out over Rokugan.

Any Rokugan expert here care to explain ?:D

They probably have people there - I guess its up to Creamsteak if their 'power' can be based on the islands, since considering his storyline, it makes a lot more sense then trying to smuggle it next to Phoenix noses and in front of Crane eyes, both of whom know full well what gunpowder is (both of whom have used it :)

There is a very long timeline associated with Rokugan, but let me explain the various minor clans involved:

Centipede: A clan of female shugenja (the men are trained as bushi elsewhere) situated along the Mountains of Regret just south of the Phoenix lands. They have a special connection with the Fortune of Thunder, Osano-Wo, who happens to be the founder of the Mantis.

Mantis: The eldest and most powerful of the Minor Clans, they were founded by Osano-Wo, and granted clan status with the political backing of the Phoenix (how times change indeed). During the Clan War, the daimyo of the Mantis, Yoritomo, gathered all of the surviving minor clans under his banner, as Yoritomo's Alliance.

Wasp: One of the youngest of the minor clans, about 60 years old in the current storyline. Tsuruchi dealt with treachery after treachery by Lion and Scorpion, gaining the support of the Crane, and joining the Three-Man Alliance with the Fox, Sparrow, to hold off the Scorpion armies. The Wasp are legendary archers, making their home castle to be more of a giant porcupine... :)

---

Anyway, Yoritomo gathered all the minor clans under his banner, but he was eventually corrupted by the Lying Darkness - the Shadow. It drove him to attack the Phoenix lands, and his alliance began to fall apart. Eventually, only the Wasp and Centipede remained, and were absorbed into the Mantis, keeping their family names - Tsuruchi and Moshi, respectively.

TheWiseWarlord

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
btw just a bit surprising but Mantis got the highest IR rating by far and noone took it... I know nothing about Rokugan so do they jsut suck or something but that massive IR rating looks nice to me

Actually, I orginally claimed the Mantis Clan. However, I took that "What Clan Are You Fit For" test and came out as Dragon about six times, so I decided to switch.

I know a few things about the Mantis now, though still not veyr much, since I was going to play them, so if you want me to relate the information I found, go ahead and say so. Also, if you want, I can send you the Mantis Avatar I had so you can use it.

Last edited:

WW that would be great, I'd like the info very much and the avatar would be nice :) And where you got that "test" sounds like fun =] And I've just read up on some Mantis stuff and I think how I'm gonna start this IR :D Plotting already, spent half a year IR with Edena, heh it runs through our veteran vains :p This kinda games are just great.

I'll keep these claims:

Mantis Clan
* Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 25 : IR 50
* Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL 25 : IR 50
* Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL 25 : IR 50
* Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Centipede Clan
* Isaru Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Wasp Clan
* Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1

And I'm adding the claim for the artifact: Lord Moons Bone (Katana, major artifact)

Last edited:

Remove ads