D&D General Is GM Binder Worthwhile?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I've found several interesting/potentially useful things on GM Binder lately, all of which I have converted to PDF and downloaded. I'm curious whether there's any benefit to getting a GM Binder account. The site itself really doesn't do a good job of pitching what it actually does. Is it just for content creators, or would there be any reason to get an account as a fairly casual user?

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I absolutely love it, save for one caveat that would make it far better than anything else: a functional navigation bar that lists your nested headings, a la the Navigation bar on Microsoft Office. If you're like me and write a lot of stuff for RPGs (my previous campaign topped 600,000 words), scrolling through huge binders can be a hassle. You can create table of contents in your actual document, though, and just scroll up and hit the hotlink to that section as a work around, at least until the Navigation thing gets implemented (I think it will eventually).

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I absolutely love it, save for one caveat that would make it far better than anything else: a functional navigation bar that lists your nested headings, a la the Navigation bar on Microsoft Office. If you're like me and write a lot of stuff for RPGs (my previous campaign topped 600,000 words), scrolling through huge binders can be a hassle. You can create table of contents in your actual document, though, and just scroll up and hit the hotlink to that section as a work around, at least until the Navigation thing gets implemented (I think it will eventually).

Is there a strong community? Do the developers listen to said community? That would matter to me...

Remove ads