D&D 5E Is the map in the Theros book good?

R_J_K75

Legend
The map is on one pg and is really, really weak. I got my copy about 11 AM today flipped through it and looked at the map which was nothing to praise.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Perhaps theres a reason for it that way. Maybe the setting is set up where there really is that much open space, IDK havent read the book yet.
Maybe. The map does give you a way to run an Odyssey, getting swept up on distant unexplored lands simply by having not much there. I expect a lot of people will enjoy filling in the details themselves.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Perhaps theres a reason for it that way. Maybe the setting is set up where there really is that much open space, IDK havent read the book yet.

The Setting as described is about the size of the Balkans, and the world beyond is "Here There Be Dragons" territory. Before this book, it was entirely unmapped, and was a cluster of locations described in card text and some stories. There are the cluster of civilized Poli, and a wild world outside. The map is not terribly central to the Setting as such...

For that sort of thing, Wildemount was pretty fantastic.

R_J_K75

Legend
The Setting as described is about the size of the Balkans, and the world beyond is "Here There Be Dragons" territory. Before this book, it was entirely unmapped, and was a cluster of locations described in card text and some stories. There are the cluster of civilized Poli, and a wild world outside. The map is not terribly central to the Setting as such...

For that sort of thing, Wildemount was pretty fantastic.

Never played MtG so I have zero knowledge of Theros. Gonna peruse it a bit now. Ive been debating whether I should get Wildemount and Acquisitions Inc for awhile now and think Im at least gonna pull the trigger on the former. Maybe the latter sometime soon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Never played MtG so I have zero knowledge of Theros. Gonna peruse it a bit now. Ive been debating whether I should get Wildemount and Acquisitions Inc for awhile now and think Im at least gonna pull the trigger on the former. Maybe the latter sometime soon.

Wildemount is really quite good (though I am biased as a Critter), and actually kind of an Old School throwback in a lot of good ways (like the giant poster map, and the Gazateer section).

R_J_K75

Legend
I was critical of it before it came out, probably out of line, just as I was hoping for something more vintage but I've heard nothing but good things about it so I thought I'd give a shot. Im sure I wont run a campaign in it but I can use something out of it. Not to mention it was at a decent price, actually lowest Ive seen it in awhile.

Remove ads