Is The One Ring 2E Kickstarter going to break the records?

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see!

d50bd7eebed917d3a7580064ed3758c7_original.jpg

The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for his Strongholds & Followers project (and a followup $1.3M campaign). The next highest was John Wick's 7th Sea at about $1.2M.

There were over 6,000 people who were following the pre-launch page for this Kickstarter, which runs for three weeks.

I'm happy the campaign is doing well, but it's a bit weird to see it smash through so many stretch goals.
I know a few people who really liked the first edition, but I never had the feeling that it was really a big title.
That being said, of course I threw my money at them for one of the fancy limited editions 🤷‍♂️

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
So excited about this Kickstarter!
I just put myself down for the "Fellowship"-tier pledge...it looks like there are going to be some really excellent stretch goals and I want to add them to my collection. I mean--books, maps, cards, dice? That's a lot of content for ~95 bucks.

I wish I could have gone with the premium cover, because I like the artwork better...but that price tag was just a touch too steep for me. It's beautiful work, for sure. I wish the project well.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases