• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is'Merith - Campaign Thread

Alejandro nods in the darkness, his face stern and alert.

"Quickest way in, with less risk of even more officials chasing us the better. I say tunnels".

He moves towards the tunnels determinedly. He seems to be anxious, a knot of anger just below the surface. He is all business.

He stops after he's taken a dozen steps and looks back.

"Well?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina gazed up at the stars for another moment and sighed. "It seems as if the tunnels are a better choice, if a less picturesque one. If we can find our way through them, I'd say we take them."

Macv12

First Post
"Works for me." Shen crouches at the gaping cave tunnel, trying to see anything further down; green, in particular. "Temperature should keep a little better in there than outside. 'specially if there's some kinda body heat."

Can't see anything, of course. She rushes to catch up with Alejandro, in case the path splits and she can help point which way to go. "Everyone keep the noise down, wanna be ready to hear any rattlin' or hissin' or whatnot. If there's anything livin' out here, this is where it'll hide. And ya don't wanna spook yourself with your own echoes, anyways. Eyes peeled for green lights, too." She draws her halberd and trident, one in each hand, with her lasso over her shoulder.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Isaac draws his scimitar and shortsword and heads into the cave. "Best to be ready for a fight, you certainly don't want to be fumbling while drawing your weapons in the dark."

Alejandro stops and gives the half elf one of his javelins.

"Just in case we encounter any resistance. Can't have you unarmed and dying on us. Plus, we may need all the fighting help we can get if the sand goblins say hello."

He then turns on his heel and continues on.

[sblock=Marching Order] Suggestions? Isaac in front as he knows the mines, with Shen behind to guide and act as ranged early warning, followed by Daederai then the half elf then Mina then Alejandro? Or would you prefer a second meat shield up front?[/sblock]

[sblock=Marching Order] Alternate is to have both Alejandro and Isaac in front side by side (as we are short and small), with Daederai and Shen behind ready with ranged weapons (cf Zulu, "front rank, fire! Rear rank, fire!") and Then the half elf and Mina - but in case of attack from the rear I'm happy to be the tail gunner [/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Marching Order] I'll progress the story a little further, but then after this post, i'll need to have a party order locked in before I can progress further.[/sblock]

As the party discusses their best way to move forward, they move towards the nearest cave, they notice some rather confusing features. The walls to the rather steep tunnel are rather smooth, unnaturally so They are also perfectly straight as they run along the top length off the tunnel. After the tunnel stretches down approximately 75ft, it levels out. Multiple passages open up on either side, heading up and down (survival roles to navigate please. Finding the surface on this level only requires common sense, so don't worry about that).

The breeze still moves through the tunnels on this level, softly echoing like the breathing of some giant monster. Also lining the caves are strange little blood-red specs along with the occasional glow of green moss.

Macv12

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Are these the mines Isaac knows already? I thought we were still approaching the compound or something, but I'm not totally clear.

Isaac, Shen, Daedarai, guy, Mina, Alejandro sounds good to me (you can consider that my vote if it comes to that). Given the environment I don't think we can trust any threats to all come from the same direction. Maybe form a pentagon around the prisoner, with Isaac (tough) and Shen (tough-ish) in front, Alejandro (tough) at back, and Mina and Daedarai at the back corners. Depends on width of the tunnel. Could also do Shen on point with Daedarai/prisoner/Mina behind her, and Isaac and Alejandro on either side, since it feels like they're going to be coming out of these tunnels on the right and left and I'd want the tough guys on interception.

DM, is it dark enough to stealth? Do we need a light to see where we're going?

Survival: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13

Posting Coyote Code for the first time, we'll see if I did it right. (Adding double proficiency for favored terrain.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads