Is'Merith - Campaign Thread

Matthan

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Trogdor]Hey, I just looked at your rolls and saw that you're missing your proficiency bonus to your attacks. I don't think it'll make an impact this round, but you can make a note of it. When you attack, you add your stat modifier (+2) and your proficiency bonus (+2) to your attack roll. You will only add the stat modifier to damage. So for this round, you would actually be hitting AC 7 and AC 18, but your damage rolls wouldn't change. I hope that makes sense.[/SBLOCK]

Matthan

Explorer
[SBLOCK=OOC]No worries. Every edition has its fiddly bits to figure out. Proficiency bonus will get added to everything you're proficient in. So proficient skills and saving throws get to add that bonus. Proficient weapons do as well for their to hit rolls.[/SBLOCK]

Macv12

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]I'm good with the change. I will take the small Liberty of saying I dropped my bow the previous round. Also, was your previous post implying that the goblins didn't even follow me, or that they just couldn't keep up? If they're right on my tail I'll adjust my actions.[/sblock]
Shen holds her side as she staggers into a side tunnel, leaving her bow in the sand. Not that there's much point; the cut is too big to put pressure on with just her hands, and now isn't a good time to dress it. Her armor at least stopped the little bastard from cutting any further, but it still hurt like a sunova hag. She'll just have to hope for a break before she bleeds out.

It seems like these things want blood, so that's good. Hopefully they'll go after the trail of blood and the easier prey of the limping elf, and let the others breathe. If not, well, she wouldn't turn down the chance to breathe a little herself.

Shen pulls out her trident, looking around. Alejandro is cut up, so is Isaac. Looks bad. Mina and the prisoner seem okay. Daedarai is...somewhere, but there don't seem to be any unaccounted-for pools of blood, so he's either fine or dragged off into the goblin's lair and never coming back. Behind her sounded clear.

She zeroes in on one of the goblins by Alejandro. She can still manage a burst of speed in her condition, and she can probably take a hit or two like the last without the lights going out completely. Daedarai probably wants the attention off him, and if that prisoner guy gets in too much trouble, the whole affair will be pointless.

[sblock="OOC"]I don't know if I count as being hidden from the other goblins. If I do, invoke SS to keep hidden during the attack and try to re-stealth after the move. Either way I'll run out, flip over whichever goblin (high jump of (3 + 2 STR mod =) 5ft) in slow motion, stab my trident through the top of his skull, leave it there, then roll on the ground and run back to the shadows, hiding as a bonus action if SS worked. Unless I fail to kill the gobbie, then I'll stay adjacent so I don't provoke extra OAs. My hope is that this either keeps the goblins looking at me or searching for me, as opposed to focusing on Daedarai, Mina, or that one guy.

If that somehow can't happen, action to hide.

Trident attack: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
Second roll, in case advantage applies: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
Damage (using Versatile): 1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
Hide (if applicable): 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

[/sblock]

Edit: rolls added

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Macv12]To clarify, the goblins simply haven't had the chance to follow you yet, however, they let out a giggle when you ran off down a side tunnel, which you're guessing means they suspect you're as good as dead.

However, given that you're a ranger in your favoured terrain, I just allowed you to navigate the short distance without rolling.

You got the impression they were going to ignore you until later as they whipped around to fight the bigger threats.

Dropping your bow is unnecessary too. You can put it away as an object interaction LAST round and just draw your trident THIS round as a part of your action with STILL another object interaction 'action' to spare.

Like I said before, I'm very happy to allow any RAW interpretations that some DMs shake their heads at, because I DM by the principle that if I can't beat you within an inch of your life despite little advantages like that, then that's MY problem.

Regarding your roles, no problem, take your time with your roles. We still just need to wait on Mina too.

Now beware everybody, I went easy on you guys the first 2 fights because I wanted to ease you in. Now it's time for you to really earn your exp! And give you proper loot; and bruises! Mwuhuhuhahahah[sblock=...]Aaaahahahahah![sblock=..]Ahahahahahahahahah![sblock=....]:)[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina focused on the task at hand- she couldn't even stand the thought of looking at the blood spattering on the floor, blood which had until recently been decently held INSIDE her companions. She tried to remember her archery lessons, and the practice sessions with small moving targets (at least in her father's day, House Silverfrost hadn't used lower-city children as practice targets). The goblins kept up their terrible squealing, and the sharp dissonant calls grated on her ears as much as the bloodshed grated on her eyes. Still, though, if she gave up easily, she would still be a prisoner in her own House- or worse...

[sblock= OOC] Mina will continue with her previous tactics, with one minor change. Her primary choice would be another short bow attack, if she has a clean line of sight and no goblins in melee range to impose disadvantage- the change would be that she would prefer to target a goblin who is in melee with one of her group, so as to get her Sneak Attack damage. If she cannot get a clean shot, she will use Vicious Mockery on the closest goblin. Relevant data: short bow 1d20+5 attack, 1d6+3 (+1d6?); Vicious Mockery save DC 13 Wis, 1d4 psychic +Disadvantage on next attack. If using her bow, rolls are 14 to hit, 6 base damage +2 possible sneak attack; rolls http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=103470

[/sblock]

[sblock= OOC- to all] Mina only has 2 spell slots per day for non-cantrip/non-ritual casting- so she is going to have to save her healing until someone actually falls. [/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock= OOC- to all] Mina only has 2 spell slots per day for non-cantrip/non-ritual casting- so she is going to have to save her healing until someone actually falls. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Makes sense to me. Awesome, alright time to continue onto round 2 of combat :)[/sblock]

With a swift release, Mina fells another goblin, the last one on Isaacs side, dropping it swiftly. The other Goblins not noticing their companion had fallen.

Alejandro swung again in a rage at one of the two goblins remaining on his side, [sblock=OOC]To Hit: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103472 Damage: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103473 [/sblock]

This time, the little goblin was knocked flying into the wall, its little body convulsing before it lay still. The other goblin next to it snarled and barked 4 times in a high pitch, pointing at the gnome. The others snarled and charged, though not before Daedarai drops the other that is standing next to Al, killing it stone dead.

Shen witnesses the strange behaviour of these other goblins... They're not ANYTHING like goblins she has seen before. It's almost like they're... Without fear? And they're smart too...A dangerous, but... reckless combination.

The three remaining converge on the poor gnome, however, only one of them hits, and doesn't really do much more to Al than a flesh wound [sblock=OOC]To hit: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103475 Damage: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103474 (5 becomes 2).[/sblock]

Shen sees her opportunity, runs through and plants her trident into the shoulder of one of these little bastards in a perfect leap. The creature squeals in pain and begins to scurry away with the trident in its shoulder, moving around a corner. The wound didn't kill the thing straight away, but it looked like it may have just clipped a major artery. The others didn't even notice Shen, but for a moment growl at their companion as it leaves a trail of glowing green blood behind it. Shen seems to think the little fella has had enough and wants to go home! But it does have her trident in his shoulder.

Isaac moves around to help support his friend; if he had wondered if his companions could fight before, it seems so far that they could; and this little gnome, he's covered in blood, taken bigger hits than Isaac, yet seems in better condition. Isaac had once heard stories about warriors such as these. These warriors fight on and on, fuelled by their anger, though they know less about battlefield control, combat manoeuvres and the such. Non-theless, it was an impressive sight to behold.

With a couple of swings, he had dropped all but the last of the sand goblins, the last one growled at the rest of the party and began to try and back off at a full sprint, however, without taking the time to disengage from his foes, he was cut down by Isaac, the gnome missing as he began to fade from his rage, the pain setting in.
[sblock=OOC]
Isaac to hit:http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103476
Isaac Damage: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103478
Al to hit:http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103477 [/sblock]

Shen moved around the corner cautiously, looking around to the sand goblin she had wounded. Her trident, it would appear, had been pried by the creature from its body and it had continued walking, then crawling a little further into the darkness, where she could see it laying still in some sort of nest, full of filthy rags. it appeared lifeless next to an old sack. In its hand it was clinging a vial full of red liquid. It appeared it was only moments from drinking from the vial, but it was too weak to get the lid off and died just before drinking the contents. It looks like there are various bits and pieces, trinkets, coins and other valuables here to potentially look for...

Alejandro's chest heaves, once, twice, before he regains his composure.

He looks towards the half-elf.

"A rock?", he says.

"A rock?"

He feels his neck, covered in blood.

"I gave you", as he smashes the head of the nearest goblin.

"A javelin". He smashes another one to be sure.

His glare fades as his anger leaves him.

"Ow."

He looks around him, checking everyone is safe.

"Where's Shen?"

[sblock=A request]DM, can you post the links that show the rolls rather than the link to go to the page where the rolls are? In other words,
This: Example: 1D20 = [5] = 5

Rather than this: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103485
[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=A request]DM, can you post the links that show the rolls rather than the link to go to the page where the rolls are? In other words,
This: Example: 1D20 = [5] = 5

Rather than this: http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103485
[/sblock]

[sblock=What tha?]

How the bloody hell do you...Example: 1D20 = [5] = 5
....... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I get it. Soooo much easier now. Thank you. Carry on.XD[/sblock]

The half-elf winces from being yelled at. "Er, I'm sorry" he mutters. "I dropped it; I er... I won't drop it again though". He picks up the lonely javelin at his feet, his arms and legs are shaking. "In the few years I've been mining, I've never seen sand goblins... All the more reason to make sure my children never have to work the mines to earn a living". [sblock=OOC]The real reason he didn't use it is because I forgot, however, if he HAD hit with the rock, it was going to do more than 1d4 as I indicated. The way I see it, if it weighs as much as the head of a sledgehammer, you can do sledgehammer damage. A shovel weighs about the same as a lot of d8 weapons etc. If he had hit, he probably would have crushed that goblins spine.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Macv12

First Post
"Over here," Shen calls back. "Found some stuff. Y'all should check it out."

She picks up her trident and shakes off the blood. (That ought to help with the bleeding) she thinks, looking at the stash. She takes it easy on her left leg as she walks, kicking the goblin corpse aside, and grabs a rag from the pile, starting the familiar work of tying her wound up tight. It's not so bad, really; she can practically walk it off.

Now that things have died down, she takes her time looking over the goblin's corpse. Something seemed weird about these things.

"Sorry 'bout back there, kinda lost my head. Been a while since I did unit tactics. This is why I ain't the leader type." She grabs the little red bottle - probably a potion, probably not poisonous to non-goblins, but if anyone could survive the testing it's Alejandro - and tosses it to the gnome. "He was tryin' to drink that."

She picks up the limp goblin body, turning it over in her hands like a doll. It very nearly doesn't occur to her that not everyone wants to see what she's about to do. "Uh, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go, dress the...er, canvass the...uh, see what makes this tick."

She carries the body around a corner, into a spot of moonlight. Working quickly and quietly in case more of them show, she draws her dagger and starts pulling the creature apart like a turkey dinner.

[sblock="OOC"]Shen is convinced these aren't regular goblins, so she's going to be looking for extra organs, missing organs, weird brain features, etc. She's not an expert, but butchering animals for survival and profit is in her background. She is probably the only one thinking this and I doubt anything will come of it.

I'm almost impressed I managed to hit one of these things without killing it. Glass half full I guess. And leave some for the rest of us, Isaac, geez.

Speaking of Isaac, consider blowing your Second Wind now. It will recharge after a short rest anyway.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads