• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ISRP Chat Moving Off Wizards' Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
I don't know about the technical side, but one reason for not doing it that way is the privacy and legal issues. People who registered for iChat on the Wizards of the Coast site signed an agreement with WotC. The new site is separately owned and operated, with a different Code of Conduct, and so people need to sign up separately as a new agreement. And some may not want to do that.

C

Cystuni

Kathryn_aka_Kat said:
I don't know about the technical side, but one reason for not doing it that way is the privacy and legal issues. People who registered for iChat on the Wizards of the Coast site signed an agreement with WotC. The new site is separately owned and operated, with a different Code of Conduct, and so people need to sign up separately as a new agreement. And some may not want to do that.

however the CoC says it is subject to change without notice and it is the players responsiblity to check it often... so if the rights to the ISRP site were signed over to the new site the contract would be as well and any new CoC would be the responibility of the player to check, which they'll have to do before they remake their first character anyway.
*closes her law book then falls alseep on it* should have gotten it in paperback. would have been softer

W

WizO_Ruffle

Mel will correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe it is a legality issue. I don't believe there is any way to seperate the users of one section (ISRP) off and just transfer their information I think it is just one huge database.

The reason we were able to do it before is the information stayed with WoTC and so there was no real chance except to the site itself. This would be giving out information to another client which isn't legal. So, basically I think Kat got it right.

WizO_Ruffle
Managing Lead

C

Cystuni

I was wrong? I'm never wrong. NEVER NEVER I say.... I'll have to check with the heads of the legal department in my little world and see what THEY have to say.... we'll see about this!

*comes back in a few hours*

well they all agree, the rules of your world are all wrong! but we will accept you into mine.

Welcome to Cystuniland!

C

Cystuni

another silly question

will there be Private rooms on the new ISRP site? RAVVVEN? PWEEEEEEEAAAASSSSE?

W

WizO_Gabriel

Cystuni said:
will there be Private rooms on the new ISRP site? RAVVVEN? PWEEEEEEEAAAASSSSE?

That matter hasn't yet been addressed with the new site, you can find the information about what has been addressed here.

Dontella

First Post
Private Rooms are a horrible feature..

This is a community.. even when we move.. Hard to be a community if everyone is off and away in their own little Rooms where it's just them and their friends..

C

Cystuni

Dontella said:
Private Rooms are a horrible feature..

This is a community.. even when we move.. Hard to be a community if everyone is off and away in their own little Rooms where it's just them and their friends..

consider Limbo... it requires a DM to use or your in violation of CoC. PRs do not require DMs. so just the players can control everything. not a bad feature, only bad players when they abuse them.

F

FarseerwithHeartsOnFire

:p
WotC_Mel said:
Announcement from main chat page:

ISRP Chat Moving Off Wizards' Website

Wizards in-character roleplaying chat area, ISRP, will be moving to a new home on August 15. Based on guest feedback about migrating to new chat software, two current ISRP WizOs have volunteered to host existing chat software, ISRP rooms and bots to provide continuity of play for ISRP guests. As of August 15, Wizards will no longer be hosting the ISRP rooms but players will find a link to its new home on the existing chat URL. Chat related forums will be archived until the end of 2005 for player's ease of reference.

With Wizards assistance, we hope the new host will be up and running in parallel with the Wizards site to ease transition until the old site closes its doors on the 15th. More details will be announced closer to the transfer date. Meanwhile, RPG Live will continue to be hosted by Wizards on the new Chatspace software. Questions can be asked about the move on this thread or to the Community Manager at boards@wizards.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads