It's So lonely in here...

FormerlyCevalic

First Post
I remember when this project was first started. So much energy, so many ideas, so many arguments, so much creativity. Now, though, I'd have to say that this place is quieter than a graveyard. Are there any people still out there? I was working on an alternate version a year or so back, is anyone else doing the same? For that matter, is anyone even using the setting for gaming right now?

Can you hear me now?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
FormerlyCevalic said:
I remember when this project was first started. So much energy, so many ideas, so many arguments, so much creativity. Now, though, I'd have to say that this place is quieter than a graveyard. Are there any people still out there? I was working on an alternate version a year or so back, is anyone else doing the same? For that matter, is anyone even using the setting for gaming right now?

Can you hear me now?

still here and lurking....no new blood to stoke the fires to get this place going again sadly...

TheBurnedMan

First Post
Basically:

1 The setting was not supported anymore. Originally new material was incorporated into the website. Then that stopped, people would write large texts that were basically "ignored". Can´t blame anyone since people got other more succesfull things to do.

2 There was no bible to the setting. I got tired of telling people that there are no gods when they came up with their cool gods and finally didn´t feel like correcting people since I didn´t have official status to tell them that. Basically the setting was being redone over and over again instead of being fleshed out.

So if you want it to live up:

1 clean up the website, it seems to be down for the moment.

http://www.d20reviews.com/Daemonforge/dfmain.htm

2 Post the artwork that was commisioned: I got people working in the industry doing a few pieces. Still have them in my harddrive.

3 Give people jobs and authority. Shared responsibility is NOBODYS responsibility and without authority it becomes a drag trying to help people.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
FormerlyCevalic said:
By the sound of it, there really isn't much of a chance for this project to get rolling again. Seems like a waste...

not true not ture, it can get rolling again, don't see why not. There is a PDF that's a primer for the setting, it's up and running and is downloadable, if somone wants to just tell me what needs fixing I can go ahead and edit the HTML to fix it and get it up and running.

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
FormerlyCevalic - 11-05-2003 at 09:55 AM

Can you hear me now?

I was one of the original members, and I can here you. Same name as before.Lol! Boy do I remember the agruments and the wild fusion of creativity. I have been looking in here to see what was happening, since I left. Sadly nothing lately. To bad i had conflicting interests at the time, or I would not have left.

Well I am free and very interested in working on it again, since I am free of conflicting interests and have a lot of free time(read laidoff).

not true not ture, it can get rolling again, don't see why not. There is a PDF that's a primer for the setting, it's up and running and is downloadable, if somone wants to just tell me what needs fixing I can go ahead and edit the HTML to fix it and get it up and running.

I have not checked all the links but it seems on the overview is working, the rest are pointing to d20reviews.com. Need any help let me know. also cannot get to the Pdf to catch up and help.

Basically:

1 The setting was not supported anymore. Originally new material was incorporated into the website. Then that stopped, people would write large texts that were basically "ignored". Can´t blame anyone since people got other more succesfull things to do.

2 There was no bible to the setting. I got tired of telling people that there are no gods when they came up with their cool gods and finally didn´t feel like correcting people since I didn´t have official status to tell them that. Basically the setting was being redone over and over again instead of being fleshed out.

So if you want it to live up:

1 clean up the website, it seems to be down for the moment.

http://www.d20reviews.com/Daemonforge/dfmain.htm

2 Post the artwork that was commisioned: I got people working in the industry doing a few pieces. Still have them in my harddrive.

3 Give people jobs and authority. Shared responsibility is NOBODYS responsibility and without authority it becomes a drag trying to help people.

TheBurnedMan has a huge amount of points here. Need to get some artwork up, especially if he is willing to let daemonforge use them.

In the beginning there was a committee which oversaw the development, me Morrus, Imperialus, etc. The only problem was no one had a job really and it sort of filtered away. Defintely need a Bible to point out the direction and assign people to specfic areas, webpage guru, rules guru, art manager, editor, etc.

I write fairly well and I am interested and willing to take on a role.

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
TheBurnedMan, I cannot get to the artwork. Is it still up or is gone?

I have some space on my webpages if we need a new space to put them for a awhile.

Last edited:

Remove ads