D&D General It's Time For D&D Lego!

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product. https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/e080b760-93c0-410d-bd49-5fc32726de9c Previous...

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product.

C233B276-4F25-4F9A-B7C9-F8C065F3A7D0.jpeg

Previous LEGO IDEAS sets have included the themed sets like PIrates, Castles, or Space, plus specific brands like The Rolling Stones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and more.

Riley

Legend
Lego already has castles, knights, and of course Harry Potter pretty well covered. I mean, they're selling this right now:

Lion-Knights-Castle-10305.jpg

They even made "Demogorgon" minifigs (a la Stranger Things).

I don't have time for this contest, but I will love to see what people propose as quintessentially "D&D" for this contest!

J-H

Hero
I'd do an Illithid or Beholder, but I know somebody out there is going to have a much deeper bucket of parts to do all the moving/angly bits with.

Lego sets these days have a lot more specialized parts than what I grew up with. The models seem more fragile, too.

Riley

Legend
I'd do an Illithid or Beholder, but I know somebody out there is going to have a much deeper bucket of parts to do all the moving/angly bits with.

Lego sets these days have a lot more specialized parts than what I grew up with. The models seem more fragile, too.

The internet is already awash with great Lego D&D creations.
Good samplings can be found here...

...including great Beholders, Illithid,... and a Dungeon Master.

Behold! An excellent LEGO D&D monster! - The Brothers Brick | The Brothers  Brick

LEGO D&D Archives - The Brothers Brick | The Brothers Brick

May you always make your saving throw - The Brothers Brick | The Brothers  Brick

pukunui

Legend
You reckon? I had a ton of Lego as a kid in the late 80s / early 90s, including some of the early Space Police sets. They were way more spindly and fragile than any of the modern Star Wars sets I’ve got now. Those things are solid. My cats knocked my Razor Crest on the floor and it has only really suffered superficial damage. If they’d knocked one of my old Space Police ships on the floor, it’d be in a million pieces.

The LEGO community has long had a program for submitting designs and having them considered for official products. This just seems to be a cooperative extension to this program. Still cool though.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads