D&D General It's Time For D&D Lego!

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with...

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product.

C233B276-4F25-4F9A-B7C9-F8C065F3A7D0.jpeg

Previous LEGO IDEAS sets have included the themed sets like PIrates, Castles, or Space, plus specific brands like The Rolling Stones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and more.

J-H

Hero
You reckon? I had a ton of Lego as a kid in the late 80s / early 90s, including some of the early Space Police sets. They were way more spindly and fragile than any of the modern Star Wars sets I’ve got now. Those things are solid. My cats knocked my Razor Crest on the floor and it has only really suffered superficial damage. If they’d knocked one of my old Space Police ships on the floor, it’d be in a million pieces.
My 8 year old has a Tie fighter, X Wing, and an AT-ST, and those things break a lot. The animal builder sets tend to come apart also.

The cars are pretty sturdy.

TheSword

Legend
There are probably a few things it would need to include…

• A trap
  • A couple of classic monsters - kobold, mind flayer, umber hulk, beholder, basilisk?
  • treasure
  • Some hero mini figs for the key classes.
It kinda has to be a dungeon right? Or is that a bit too literal. I’d probably want to see some more aesthetics of the film before committing too much, as visually that will be what people perceive D&D to be.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It kinda has to be a dungeon right? Or is that a bit too literal. I’d probably want to see some more aesthetics of the film before committing too much, as visually that will be what people perceive D&D to be.
That's actually a good point. If WotC is doing this presumably paid promotion, does that mean we're not getting D&D branded Lego around the movie?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads