D&D General It's Time For D&D Lego!

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product. https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/e080b760-93c0-410d-bd49-5fc32726de9c Previous...

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product.

C233B276-4F25-4F9A-B7C9-F8C065F3A7D0.jpeg

Previous LEGO IDEAS sets have included the themed sets like PIrates, Castles, or Space, plus specific brands like The Rolling Stones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and more.

Stormonu

Legend
And here is the thing, I get a bit depressed, because I cannot afford this, a working adult, and many kids will struggle from lower income families. Toys are so expensive now though really good quality.
View attachment 263343
There's plenty of cheap toys still on the market, but items like these aren't aimed at the kids - they're aimed at nostalgia collectors. Besides, LEGOs were never cheap to begin with - I remember only having one set (a spaceship) for a long time, because they just cost too much for everyday play.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I'd like to see the scene of the 1st edition Player's Handbook cover made out of Legos. I think it would be a perfect set and would look awesome.
As much as I love that cover artwork, I doubt they will have a Lego set with bloody lizardman corpses to drape over an altar, much less one to be dragged by the tail. :unsure:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As much as I love that cover artwork, I doubt they will have a Lego set with bloody lizardman corpses to drape over an altar, much less one to be dragged by the tail. :unsure:
Lizardfolk with swords to fight the heroes feels reasonable enough to include.

I suspect Lego would pause more about the statue, which WotC has decided in recent years is Mammon, whom even the general public knows the name of. I don't know that WotC wants to stir up the embers of the Satanic panic right before the movie drops, especially with the 24/7 culture war going on in American politics.

Laurefindel

Legend
Thinking about it, all I want for a D&D-themed LEGO box is an assortment of like 40 torsos, 40 legs, some long some short, 25 human heads, 25 non-human heads, a generous assortment of armor pieces, helmets, capes, wigs (some with pointy ears), various accessories, and a shitload or weapons. Throw in a few dogs, wolves, hawks, and why not an imp while we’re at it.

Then I can recreate my D&D party. Or all of them!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Thinking about it, all I want for a D&D-themed LEGO box is an assortment of like 40 torsos, 40 legs, some long some short, 25 human heads, 25 non-human heads, a generous assortment of armor pieces, helmets, capes, wigs (some with pointy ears), various accessories, and a shitload or weapons. Throw in a few dogs, wolves, hawks, and why not an imp while we’re at it.

Then I can recreate my D&D party. Or all of them!
D&D would be a great theme for one set of their blind bag mini-figures. I believe they've done the Lego Movie sequel, Disney (two or three times) and Harry Potter that way. D&D, as you say, lends itself to mixing and matching with those figures.

That third rogue you got is now a dragonborn rogue! Its head is now on the storm sorcerer body!

Laurefindel

Legend
D&D would be a great theme for one set of their blind bag mini-figures. I believe they've done the Lego Movie sequel, Disney (two or three times) and Harry Potter that way. D&D, as you say, lends itself to mixing and matching with those figures.

That third rogue you got is now a dragonborn rogue! Its head is now on the storm sorcerer body!
I recall hearing that other than large baseplates, minifigs torsos are the most complex and expensive part to produce, which is why anything involving a lot of minifigs is doomed to be borderline unaffordable.

Single blind bags would work though, and I’m convinced that their annual minifig series will exclusively be made of D&D adventurers and villain.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads