D&D General It's Time For D&D Lego!

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product. https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/e080b760-93c0-410d-bd49-5fc32726de9c Previous...

Lego Ideas has announced a Dungeons & Dragon challenge. The contest is timed to coincide with D&D 50th anniversary, and allows fans to submit LEGO builds. The winning entry later becomes official LEGO sets, with the winner getting 1% of the total net sales of the product.

C233B276-4F25-4F9A-B7C9-F8C065F3A7D0.jpeg

Previous LEGO IDEAS sets have included the themed sets like PIrates, Castles, or Space, plus specific brands like The Rolling Stones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and more.

Voadam

Legend
In college we used my room-mate's legos (some castle set I think) as the miniatures for the year long Ravenloft campaign I ran, they worked great.

Stormonu

Legend
If there is one thing TLG hasn't really done yet is a proper diorama set-up. Kits are usually comprised of a central element, one or two smaller decor elements, and a handful of minifigs, but I can't think of any official LEGO products with a brick-built, decorate base plate depicting a scene. The Christmas village stuff comes close but are still free-standing
Oooh, if they could do something like this old model set, that'd be great!

1665295824731.png

Tiles

Explorer
Ravenloft with smaller a footprint. Focus on iconic rooms that represent different environments (dungeon, castle, medallions, steps). Also a one shot adventure with a sun sword that can be replayed differently each game.

A dark domain based in LEGO couldn't be totally impossible. Maybe the dark lord is a serial killer (who loved the horror movies and videogames with a lot of gore), and the torment is he loves violence, but in this LEGO land the bloodshed is imposible, even when he "kills" the humanoids. Then the only fun is to play a "LEGO version" of the videogame "Dead by Daylight". When the victims fail the game, then they are transformed into cooked food. In other version of the game abducted children are sent in a "dungeon" where they have to fight againsts giant vernims (living beings, not a LEGO version) and wererats (and other parody werebeasts as werelagomorphs and weredonkeys). The survivors are allowed to return home with their original bodies, or standing ruling their own strongholds.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Cool!
Content restrictions for submissions typically say "no weapons" but they still do Star Wars, so I'm assuming that's more of a "no modern realistic weapons."
I think you can't have a LEGO set of say a Holy Avenger specifically.

Warforged DK

Explorer
I haven't tried it in Bricklink yet, but my thought was to create a side view of a dungeon crawl, with some play features. Trap door over a gelatinous cube; 3 adventurers (fighter, rogue and wizard) and 3 enemies, likely 2 goblins or orcs, and a single special enemy, like Mind flayer or beholder, if we can get one small enough. Aim for using existing pieces for everything- so few, if any, new molds would be needed.
I'm telling you all this so if someone else makes it, it will likely be better than the one I'd come up with.
I'd consider a dragon as well, but that might be needed for another set. Aim for a price tag of $50, so around 500 pieces or so.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads