IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

Wik

First Post
Possum, not much bigger than the children, gets distracted with them, and smiles another huge grin. The freckles on her nose and her cheeks seem to dance as she smiles and laughs.

"You want to go on an adventure? Because, you know... I've heard many tales about a troll..." her voice sinks low. "And you know what I've heard about this troll? She lives.... right in this temple!"

Possum looks around nervously, and then whispers to the children confidingly. "The troll has half of our treasure map - and we need the treasure, because if we don't get it, the city shall perish! Will you... Will you help us in finding the troll?"

Possum then smiles. "You will? Follow me.... but be real quiet." Whispering, she starts skulking around the temple, jumping at shadows and occasionally calling out "What was THAT!?" and stabbing at shadows.

jaker2003

Explorer
"Scrate's men surrounded us at the pier, after the map I suppose. At least two of them were evil, confirmed by Azwan. I ask you, as holy person, is Scrate evil as well, or is he just . . . lenient with his employment policies?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The children all gather around Possum, as she leads them off on a merry adventure.

The tall, dark-haired, stick-wielding boy, Garrold, comes up to Dianna. "Come on! Let's get that troll! By the way, can you show me how that chain works?"

Tagrin continues to pepper Lily with questions about magic.

Rhianna grabs Karl's hand. "C'mon, you've fought trolls before, come help us! Pleeeaase?"

Halina lets out a sigh of relief as Possum takes the lead in babysitting. She turns back to Oskar. "Your companions are wonderfully helpful. Thank you. Regarding Scrate, I've never seen his aura, but you don't need to see it to know where evil lies."

jaker2003

Explorer
"I'll need to discuss Scrate with my partners, but I'm hesitant to deal with him. We're expected at his shop, we'll have to decide soon.

Are you ready to translate the map for us?
"

Wik

First Post
Seeing the children grab Karl, Possum grins slyly. "great! We'll trick the troll! If we can get Karl close to the troll, Karl can slay him quickly!"

She gathers the children around. "Now... how can we make Karl look like a troll? He's certainly tall enough. And he has a deep voice, like this" Possum puffs out her chest and makes a "grumpy face".

"Does anyone have any ideas?" Possum asks, winking at Karl.

Gobletchica

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
The children all gather around Possum, as she leads them off on a merry adventure.

The tall, dark-haired, stick-wielding boy, Garrold, comes up to Dianna. "Come on! Let's get that troll! By the way, can you show me how that chain works?"

Tagrin continues to pepper Lily with questions about magic.

Rhianna grabs Karl's hand. "C'mon, you've fought trolls before, come help us! Pleeeaase?"

Halina lets out a sigh of relief as Possum takes the lead in babysitting. She turns back to Oskar. "Your companions are wonderfully helpful. Thank you. Regarding Scrate, I've never seen his aura, but you don't need to see it to know where evil lies."

Dianna smiles. "I'll help you fight the troll, but I don't know about the chain. I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt by mistake."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The afternoon moves surprisingly well, with the children entertained with adventures throughout the temple and stories. Halina is very grateful, as it makes her job much easier for the day. She prepares a hearty meal of herring and vegetables, and everyone eats well. Although the children want to stay up and listen to more adventurer stories, they grow sleepy on their full bellies. As the sun sets, the children turn in, and Halina cleans up.

Halina lights a lantern and gathers everyone around a dinner table. She takes the map, and prays. She looks over the map and starts to read.

"The words... they are all over the place, written in every direction. Let's see...

'Take the path south through the howling canyon, wailing for Scilivanthrok.
It waits below Severus, hidden from everyone. A treasure greater than gold.
I have hidden you, sweet friend, with your belongings. Play well in the afterlife.
Your time is past and future, may your rest bring you strength again.
Fallon is at the peak, Orussus is under the waves.
Scilivanthrok is forgotten, lost to time, and he shall find time again and crush it.
Come, free Scilivanthrok from his prison! His eyestalk awaits!
O walk with Sister Phyrah, and fly to the lands of air!
O rest with Sister Ulura, and let the moon guide your journey!
O toil with Sister Ayratha, and pour the flame on the rocks!
O fight with Sister Shurassa, and let the waters rise!
O speak with Sister Russna, and chant the thousand names!
O break with Sister Sela, and topple Severus' Plateau of Stone!
For there is one of seven with eyes of eight, torn from her sisters' fold.
She has heard your prayers, and will hear them again with newborn ears.
Scilivanthrok, great prophet, you are a beacon for us all! Let your eyes upon eyes lead us to her!
Awake, Scilivanthrok! Awake, Ahrianna! Past and future arrive!'"

Halina, stunned, looks up from what she has just read.

"Ohh... dear."

thegreyman

First Post

Remove ads