D&D (2024) Jeremy Crawford discusses what are the 2024 Fitfh Edition Core Rulebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
So... because the definition isn't cut and dry.... your interpretation of the defintion is absolutely more correct than the people designing the product? Edit: Ah, you don't care, you just think are willing to say that OTHER people saying WoTC is lying and that they know better is what is going on.
Yes, because people keep expressing bewilderment that others are still saying it’s an edition change despite WotC’s constant assertions that it isn’t. I’m trying to clarify where that sentiment is coming from.
So they know better than the game designers what the game designers are creating? That is the exact position I am talking about.
They know what the designers have shown, and they don’t think “a continuation of the current edition” accurately describes what they’ve seen.

Charlaquin

Well, sucks to be you. They aren't doing that. They've said they aren't doing that. REPEATEDLY. There are things I'd rather as well, but I'm not putting forth things like "just because the company says this is what it is, doesn't mean we have to believe them." Which is an absolutely, fundamentally different stance than "I'd rather they were doing this instead", because by repeatedly saying you don't need to believe the company, the message you are communicating is that they are actually doing an edition change, when they aren't. They've said they aren't. This isn't an edition change or a half-edition change or a quarter-edition change. They have been very clear what this is.
The “it is an edition change (or half-edition)” crowd doesn’t dispute the contents of the 2024 rulebooks. That would be absurd, because those contents are publicly available for anyone to read. They dispute that the way WotC is describing those contents accurately reflects them.

mamba

Legend
The “it is an edition change (or half-edition)” crowd doesn’t dispute the contents of the 2024 rulebooks. That would be absurd, because those contents are publicly available for anyone to read. They dispute that the way WotC is describing those contents accurately reflects them.
that is fine, they are entitled to their opinion. I just wish they did not feel the need to tell us 10 times a day, every day.

Don’t you have anything else to post? Someone said they wish they could talk about the changes instead, well, I wish that too, I just have no idea why they cannot.

Charlaquin

that is fine, they are entitled to their opinion. I just wish they did not feel the need to tell us 10 times a day, every day.
And I’m sure they wish WotC didn’t feel the need to keep reiterating how definitely not-a-new-edition it is.
Don’t you have anything else to post?
Not at the moment, since this is what all both of the currently most active threads are about.
Someone said they wish they could talk about the changes instead, well, I wish that too, I just have no idea why they cannot.
I mean, they can. There just haven’t been any new developments on that front since the warriors and mages packet, which people have kinda already said their piece on. The latest news right now is “WotC made a big show of saying how very much not-a-new-edition the new core rules are, and how they’re gonna stop calling it One D&D because they think that’s the reason people consider it a new edition.” So, naturally, that’s what people are talking about right now.

mamba

Legend
And I’m sure they wish WotC didn’t feel the need to keep reiterating how definitely not-a-new-edition it is.
they have said this from day one, this is hardly news that requires commenting on for the 10th time

Not at the moment, since this is what all both of the currently most active threads are about.
them being the most active threads is the problem

The latest news right now is “WotC made a big show of saying how very much not-a-new-edition the new core rules are, and how they’re gonna stop calling it One D&D because they think that’s the reason people consider it a new edition.” So, naturally, that’s what people are talking about right now.
If this somehow is news to you, then you have not been paying attention to what they have been saying for months.

Probably because you were too busy figuring out ways to show that 1D&D is totally not the same edition as 5e ;)

Its like going to your child, dragging them to your closet door, and telling them very assertively "There are no Christmas presents in this closet. You are not allowed in this closet or you won't be getting any presents".

And then reminding your child every other week that there are, in fact, no presents in the closet, but if you go look you won't have a Christmas.

Charlaquin

they have said this from day one, this is hardly news that requires commenting on for the 10th time
Tell that to WotC, who for some reason felt the need to announce that it’s not a new edition AGAIN this past Wednesday.
them being the most active threads is the problem
Be the change you want to see in the world.
If this somehow is news to you, then you have not been paying attention to what they have been saying for months
It happened TWO DAYS AGO. The news isn’t that it’s not a new edition, the news is that WotC went out of their way to say it’s not a new edition AGAIN, which has predictably stirred up the exact same responses from the exact same people it always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads