• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Jocks and Nerds: If you like D&D, do you like ... the NFL Draft? (POLL)

If you play D&D, are you also interested in the NFL Draft?

• 1. I will be watching the prime-time coverage of the First Round!

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 2. I want to know who is drafted, but I am not interested enough to watch.

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 3. I have an NFL team, but c'mon, who cares about a draft.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • 4. I don't live in America. Isn't football doing the Champions League right now?

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 5. I play D&D. I don't root for laundry.

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • 6. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Poll closed .

J-H

Hero
Fantasy football is D&D for jocks, or so I've heard.
Have never been interested in watching it. After the events and attitudes of the last few years, I've shifted from apathy to antipathy.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I can't say I was ever interested in pro-sports drafts, but my interest in football has plummeted over the years as information about the frequency and severity of brain injuries have come out. I'm pretty much done with this particular form of bloodsport, at all levels.

jgsugden

Legend
This entire post ignores 40 years of progress.

The correlation between D&D fandom and NFL fandom is a scatter, not a positive or negative correlation.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
This entire post ignores 40 years of progress.

The correlation between D&D fandom and NFL fandom is a scatter, not a positive or negative correlation.

Geez. If you say it, it must be true!

I will work harder for you in the future instead of just assuming people understand this. How about you make a substantive post going through the "40 years of progress" so we can understand your point?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I'm a Detroit Lions fan. I'm happy about the new coach, but...every year, it's the same thing:
Heartbreak GIF by moodman

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm a Detroit Lions fan. I'm happy about the new coach, but...every year, it's the same thing:
Heartbreak GIF by moodman

That .... oh, man, you have my sympathies. Being a Lions fan is the worst.

I've actually done this exercise with people all the time. You ask them to name cursed or terrible franchises. And you know what? People always name the Factory of Sadness (the Browns). They think about the Bills Mafia. Maybe the Vikes. Perhaps the Jags if they are new-school. The Bucs (until this year). And so on.

And then I point out just how bad the Lions have been. One (1!) playoff victory since .... 1957. And people go ... woah, maybe they are the worst!

But what makes them the worst is that they don't even register. They have been so bad, for so long, people don't even remember how bad they are! That's the hardest pill to swallow.

Voranzovin

Explorer
I don't really know much about football, but I assume that being drafted into the NFL works like a military draft. If they ever try to draft me, I have plans to escape to Canada.

Unless it's a football-themed beer, or...football-themed architectural design? Both of those things seem weird, but not nearly as bad as forcing Amercia's youth to die on foreign football fields.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads