• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

John Wick 3- Should You See It?

lowkey13

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
1. Did you see John Wick? ... ... If no, go to 2.

No, I have not.

2. Why haven't you seen it? It's so very awesome. Go see it now, and then go to 1.

The film just never interested me. The only way I would see it is if I am stuck at someone else's house, and they play the DVD (and I did not excuse myself before then).

Guess I will stay at #2. :p
There are only two types of people in this world:

1. Those who know the awesomeness of John Wick.

2. Those who have not yet been awakened to the awesomeness of John Wick.

3. The innumerate.

Ryujin

Adventurer
1. Did you see John Wick? ... ... If no, go to 2.

No, I have not.

2. Why haven't you seen it? It's so very awesome. Go see it now, and then go to 1.

The film just never interested me. The only way I would see it is if I am stuck at someone else's house, and they play the DVD (and I did not excuse myself before then).

Guess I will stay at #2. :p
You've created a FOR/NEXT loop. No staying at #2 for you!

Ryujin

Adventurer
OK, finally saw it. As much plot as an '80 Schwarzenegger movie, but with far better fight choreography. Switched my brain off and enjoyed it very much.

lowkey13

OK, finally saw it. As much plot as an '80 Schwarzenegger movie, but with far better fight choreography. Switched my brain off and enjoyed it very much.
Plot is just an impediment to John Wick's awesomeness, in much the same way that scenery is an impediment to Nic Cage's teeth.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I have to say that I loved John Wick 3, I've only seen a few flicks this year at the movies but it was the best of the year so far. Much better than Avengers.

So much better action than in most of the movies where you have all the jarring cuts that makes it so you can't really see what is going on.

Most head shots in a single movie ever?

Just glad someone know how to make real action flicks in this sensitive day and age.

lowkey13

I saw JW3 yet again.

Like a fine wine, it improves with age.

Based on this movie, I will now rank the 10 greatest thespians (English-speaking) of all time:

1. Nic Cage

2. Keanu Reeves

3. Marlon Brando

4. DDL

5. Bobby (Mr. De Niro to the rest of you)

6. Olivier

7. 80s Arnold

8. Hoffman

9. Kurt Russell

10. Hanks

You are welcome.

lowkey13

No, but Nic Cage's teeth weren't included on the list. An oversight, methinks...
I mean .... can he even be rated properly by mortal standards of thespianism?

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
But one man in his time plays all the parts ...

Pure Shakespeare. It's the Bard, right there.

Sadras

Explorer
Edit: I was ninja'd by @Raunalyn very early on in this thread.

So I watched this movie again and I think I enjoyed it more the second time around.
Also, and I cannot believe I never thought of this myself - it was pointed out to me by one of my friends, this world is SOOOOOOOO suited for Vampire the Masquerade.

You can easily identify clans to the various factions

John Wick and his people - Ravnos
JW 2 - He killed the Toreadors on the High Council
The guy in the desert above the High Table - Assamite.
The Adjudicator - Ventrue
Lowly Assassins - Brujah
Lawrence Fishburne Faction - Arguments for Nosferatu and/or Caitiff
Halle Berry - Gangrel?
With The Continental as the Elysium

We just need a Malkav or two

Last edited:

lowkey13

So I watched this movie again and I think I enjoyed it more the second time around.
The only thing better than watching JW3 two times, is watching it FOREVER, IN AN INFINITE LOOP!

You thought I was going to say three times, didn't you?

Advertisement