John Wick 3- Should You See It?

I was a bit disappointed overall. There was a lot of cool stuff, but I guess it might have damaged my disbelief suspenders a bit in how over the top things went sometimes.
It seemed to me as if Wick didn't shake off that much damage in the previous movies.
He must have gotten more hit points, and I think he also has a pretty big Resist Bludgeoning Resistance (his Piercing and Slashing resistances are not as good).

I enjoyed the first movie a lot. It had that World of Darkness feel to it that really appealed to me. The second movie seemed a bit over the top; many of the action/fight sequences seemed too choreographed to me (example: John flips mook #2786, who proceeds to just sit there while John wiggles around and shoots mook #2787 - 3000 before shooting mook 2786 in the face. Mook 2786 does nothing at all, mind you, while this is occurring). Also, I had a problem with my suspension of disbelief in the 2nd movie; it seemed that everyone was an assassin in that movie. Not only that, but no one seemed overtly bothered by two people shooting at each other in the middle of a crowded subway station.

I think there was some, "It can't get more, can it? Yes, it can. It can get so, so much more" going on.

Which can either be appealing, or not. Personally, I like the direction of the movies to date; it's stripping action to the core.

I guess John Wick and Crank are the closest we got so far to this:
action_movies.png

Maybe after I "re-adjust" my expectations, I will enjoy the series going further into that direction. Or maybe I have to realize the idea is better in comic than actually executed cinema. :)

I was thinking Crank 3 would link his heart to his social media account. He's wearing a go-pro, and his heart only beats whenever he gets a Like in the last 60 seconds.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases