Joke Names you've never used...but want to.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OK, technically, this one exists on a character sheet, but I've never played the PC...

A Dwarf Fighter/Thief who is a bit of a spy/gadgeteer named Crom Trews, the Aether Hunter.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I never named my characters this. But in our games we tend to lovingly refer to the NPC's as Redshirts, and one in particular I aptly named Charles Annon Fodder. Or C.Annon Fodder.

In a campaign that died before it started, I named my Thief Rotes Hemd...that would be German for "Red Shirt."

NewJeffCT

First Post
Reminds me of Indiana Gnome from WG7 Castle Greyhawk.

I once played a rigger in Shadowrun named Rigger Mortis. :p

There was another 1E D&D module (forgot which one) where there was an NPC whose named was pronounced "Akron Ohio" but it was spelled with a lot more letters in the module. I had DM'd the module and mispronounced it for half the adventure and then suddenly realized, "wait a minute, that's Akron Ohio," - I ended up keeping my initial pronunciation, though.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I had a CoC Character once named Harry P. Ness :p

Back when the old computer game "Eye of the Beholder" came out in the early to mid 90s, I had two of the four party members that had names like that.

One was a fighter named Philip A. Shio (Phil for short)
and the other was a female cleric named Constance Lingus (Connie for short)

Never did that in a face-to-face game, though.

In my face to face games, we had one guy who had a Batman obsession and wanted to play a kender paladin-thief based on the Batman (back in 2E days when only humans could be paladins...). He ended up playing a paladin named Godfrey Bwayne - B. Wayne, get it, Bruce Wayne. Ha Ha. Needless to say, he was only around for a couple of sessions.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
In a campaign that died before it started, I named my Thief Rotes Hemd...that would be German for "Red Shirt."
In our currently Eberron game, we have an NPC scout named Tunicus Ruber Morituri... which is bad Latin for "red tunic who is about to die"

How about a halfling islander bard named Daplane Boss.

A friend of mine had a Shadowrun detective named Mack Truck, and once played a blonde bimbo stripper named Baby O'Baby.

You know, I DM for Atlatl... when he's playing Atlatl... and it never once occurred to me that the name was a reference to Chucker Jones on M.A.S.H (and I watched a lot of M.A.S.H as a child).
Heck, I invented Atlatl Jones, and it never occurred to me that the name was a reference to M.A.S.H. either! I thought I just invented the name out of my head. I guess my subconscious is an insane genius.

In game, Atlatl Jones' former master was Catapult Jones, from the line of Trebuchet Jones.

There's a fine, well, non-existent line between my joke and serious names.
The same could be said for the line between your joke and serious characters, Mr. "Ancient Egyptian God of Mexican Wrestling" ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads