• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

JollyDoc

Explorer
Nightingale 7 said:
And how about Wathros's new PC Gfunk?Are you purposefully omitting him as not to spoil the surprise,or did Wathros also decided to leave?

The Bone Devil for a Gelugon?Gods,that thing is nasty!I'm having Erinyes flashbacks over here!BAD DM!BAD DM! :)

Well, I think the surprise is out. Lee, aka Wathros, has departed our game due to a difference of opinion. Our current roster of players stands at five, with the characters of Grimm, Rusty, Tilly, Kiko and Dalthon.

Yes, alas I must have been reading ahead in Soul Pillars, as I did inadvertently replace a Gelugon for a Bone devil...oops. Though the outcome was decidedly not in the favor of our beloved heroes (as you will see), when I realized the area, I put it to the players as to how they wanted to resolve it. I think you'll find that their solution was unique, and satisfying to all!

Lela

First Post
I've often seen better games come from the DM making a mistake and fixing it. I'm certainly not surprised to see that in this group.

Morrow

First Post
Sorry to hear that you lost Lee. Wathros was a fun character. I can understand how all the dying would get you down, though.

Historical Bright Axes question: What ever happened to Alakast? Nidrama, the snotty celestial points the party toward a bane vs. evil outsiders weapon, they find it, then nothing. Shortly thereafter the party takes on a glabrezu- no sign of Alakast. Then they go to the Abyss and wade through a whole plane full of demons- no sign of Alakast. Then their erstwhile ally, a half-fiend, turns on them and they have to smack him down- still no sign of Alakast. Seems like a waste of resources if you ask me. Did I miss something?

Morrow

Joachim

First Post
Morrow said:
Sorry to hear that you lost Lee. Wathros was a fun character. I can understand how all the dying would get you down, though.

Historical Bright Axes question: What ever happened to Alakast? Nidrama, the snotty celestial points the party toward a bane vs. evil outsiders weapon, they find it, then nothing. Shortly thereafter the party takes on a glabrezu- no sign of Alakast. Then they go to the Abyss and wade through a whole plane full of demons- no sign of Alakast. Then their erstwhile ally, a half-fiend, turns on them and they have to smack him down- still no sign of Alakast. Seems like a waste of resources if you ask me. Did I miss something?

Morrow

Alakast was a piece of crap. At the time, no one in the group had need for a +1 evil outsider bane staff. Thus the reason the Bright Axes talk so much smack about Nidrama.

Morrow

First Post
Ah, it all becomes clear. The celestial is both snide and cheap. I have to admit that explanation, while not really surprising, is something of a let down. I was rather hoping to discover that while no one was looking Tilly had hocked the party's new super weapon to pay for a wild night on the town with Maple.

Morrow

JollyDoc

Explorer
Morrow said:
Ah, it all becomes clear. The celestial is both snide and cheap. I have to admit that explanation, while not really surprising, is something of a let down. I was rather hoping to discover that while no one was looking Tilly had hocked the party's new super weapon to pay for a wild night on the town with Maple.

Morrow

You are actually more correct than you know. The party actually did hock Alakast to pay for more cheasy items.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
Joachim said:
Alakast was a piece of crap. At the time, no one in the group had need for a +1 evil outsider bane staff. Thus the reason the Bright Axes talk so much smack about Nidrama.

That is quite funny. In my group, Alakast has become the favored weapon of the party's rogue; he used it to great effect against Nabthatoron, Kaurophon, and all manner of evil outsiders. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting coupled with an evil outsider bane double weapon plus Improved Sneak Attack = a world of hurtin' for demons and devils. :)

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
You are actually more correct than you know. The party actually did hock Alakast to pay for more cheasy items.

To be correct, we hocked it to pay for a Raise Dead for Wathros.

Ltcltlbrain (whew, what a name), that would have been a good idea if our two-weapon wielding rogue wasn't a halfling.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
Joachim said:
Ltcltlbrain (whew, what a name), that would have been a good idea if our two-weapon wielding rogue wasn't a halfling.

Well, you almost got the name right. Just call me Brain for short. :D

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to praise you for the great work you and JollyDoc are doing on this story hour. I've been lurking along for quite a while to see how your game compared to the one I'm running, and I have been continually impressed by your writing style the characters' roleplaying abilities. I know you've heard this a hundred times before, but I'll say it again: keep up the good work!

sithramir

First Post
ltclnlbrain said:
Well, you almost got the name right. Just call me Brain for short. :D

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to praise you for the great work you and JollyDoc are doing on this story hour. I've been lurking along for quite a while to see how your game compared to the one I'm running, and I have been continually impressed by your writing style the characters' roleplaying abilities. I know you've heard this a hundred times before, but I'll say it again: keep up the good work!

Hey Itclnlbrain, I'm moving to Orlando in June. Was just interested in perhaps hooking up with some other gamers. I'd love to chat sometime. email is Nxm205@psu.edu

Gfunk and the rest: Keep up the good work. I just read through the next part of the adventure path. Oooo!

Remove ads