• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

Joachim

First Post
Lela said:
JollyDoc, you know, this may come as a surprise, but you don't have to kill a party member every session.

Well, you see, the past few weeks the party has been pretty successful (minus the paladin suiciding himself on a dracolich), and JD must be missing the taste of a bloody kill.

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Lela said:
Aw, withdrawls. We're here for you bud. Just remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Then there's the whole belief in a higher power thing, which I had, until Gfunk shattered my faith :(

Jeremy

Explorer
gfunk said:
1) Be Neutral so that you can have access to all the blasphemy type spells.

4) With a sufficienty high caster level (around 35-40) your blasphemy type spells will be able to slay everything in a 30 foot radius without a saving throw. E.g. even 25th level characters.
You forgot the critical component. The greater spell immunity so you don't kill yourself with your own spell. Blasphemy and Word of Chaos are incredibly powerful now, but while a neutral character can cast all of them, he can also be affected by all of them, and you have to be in the radius of the spell. ;)

Though I'd be careful placing all your eggs in that basket. With a caster level like that, the animal domain and the shapechange spell would be an excellent first round preparation.

Or perhaps just do a simalcrum of a solar or dragon with 80 HD.

And I'd have to agree with you, with the recharge of spells between battles, non-spellcasting builds don't have a prayer.

That's not to say that a ranger5/harper paragon5/deepwood sniper couldn't bring some serious pain. But I'd think a dweomer keeper or ur priest theurge would be the most deadly.

Remove ads