D&D 5E Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel a Nebula Award finalist!

Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel has been nominated for a Nebula Award finalist for game writing. Although this category is normally about video games, last year this category included four tabletop RPGs -- Coyote & Crow, Thirsty Sword Lesbians, Wanderhome, and Gramma's Hands. Evil Hat's Fate Accessiblity Toolkit made the list in 2019, and Scents and Siesmosos appeared in 2020...

Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel has been nominated for a Nebula Award finalist for game writing.

Although this category is normally about video games, last year this category included four tabletop RPGs -- Coyote & Crow, Thirsty Sword Lesbians, Wanderhome, and Gramma's Hands. Evil Hat's Fate Accessiblity Toolkit made the list in 2019, and Scents and Siesmosos appeared in 2020.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 9.07.59 PM.png
Join the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Association on Tuesday, March 7, at 5:00pm Pacific Time, as we name the finalists for the 58th Annual Nebula Awards®! View our livestream on YouTube or Facebook for the reveal and for readings of the finalist works by SAG-AFTRA narrators. The awards will be presented at the Nebula Awards ceremony in May 2023.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
is it just me, but is it weird that Video Game writing and TTRPG game writing are in the same award catogory? I just think they should be seperate catogories.
Yeah, it feels a little "apples and oranges pears" to me, too. I'm guessing there's not enough of either sort of writing to justify their own separate categories, so they merge the two into broader "game writing." Perhaps the two will split in the future.

Yeah, it feels a little "apples and oranges pears" to me, too. I'm guessing there's not enough of either sort of writing to justify their own separate categories, so they merge the two into broader "game writing." Perhaps the two will split in the future.

There is tons of both types of writing in any given year.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Oh, there's plenty of writing out there. It's just a backwards thinking category.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads