• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Bialaska

First Post
Rkhet said:
Yeah, we need to mix it up some...

Although as it stands, the Good team is shafted much worse than we are. My build can go toe-to-toe with any fighter build, and I suspect so could Wrahn's, so that isn't too bad.

I despise Fighters for that reason. They are pathetically weak on higher levels.

Rkhet

First Post
Idunno. A level 30 pure fighter has a whole crapload of epic feats. You might be able to make some kind of monster out of that.

James Heard

Explorer
Kerrz said:
Just some points to make: The only arcane caster for the good team is a bard. There are no out and out melee fighters (ie- distraction) for the evil team.
Just to clarify - My character has 10th level Druid spellcasting(at CL10), 4-9th Sorcerer-sort of casting(CL20), and 10th level Bard casting(CL20), plus it's going to be absolutely scary at countersong I think - and it should have an epic (Level 29) cohort + maybe gajillions of followers. I was thinking about having them all be 1st level exploding martyrs :eek:

Rkhet

First Post
Yeah, be sure to take a full caster cohort, then. Also: countersongs don't counter spells any more, you know. Only sound effects.

Jarval

Explorer
Rkhet said:
Yeah, be sure to take a full caster cohort, then. Also: countersongs don't counter spells any more, you know. Only sound effects.
Interestingly, it would counter sonic-based damaging spells, something I'd not noticed before now. Hmm, that's quite a neat idea :)

Wrahn

First Post
Rkhet,

I like your character, it is a nice idea, when I have more time to go over it I think I will be more impressed, anyway I did notice that your divine caster level appears to be wrong:

Ur Priests caster level is figured with the Ur Priest class level (2 in your case) plus half of any other caster level (26/2 = 13) = 15

Rkhet

First Post
Don't forget that I took Mystic Theurge to add to it. That brings it to 12. For the rest, the text is kind of ambiguous. It says I get one caster level for every two 'levels' in an arcane caster class. If that means caster level, then my total is 25. If it's actual levels, then it's 20. Either way, add four for Practiced Spellcaster. Add another one for ioun stone.

Hmm... actually, this would be a good time to Ask The DM: which is it, DM?

Albedo

First Post
Bialaska said:
I despise Fighters for that reason. They are pathetically weak on higher levels.

I wouldn't go that far. I've seen and made some pretty wicked fighter builds at higher level. They are never to be discounted.

Albedo

First Post
Rkhet said:
I'd say that any custom items like that would need DM approval, though.

Also, you do realize that they nerfed Automatic Quicken, right? It only works on one spell level per feat, now. You can find the nerf in Complete Arcane, under epic feats.

Alrighty, I'm gonna fix something right now. I'd like to start by saying the complete arcan can go **** itself and that auto-quicken and all the spells like it function as they were origional printed in the ELH or the DMG

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads