July & Beyond

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It's part of the epic fail that characterises Bill Slavicsek's stewardship of the D&D line in the last few years.

Still, Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond is primarily a paragon-level supplement.

Cheers!

Pour

First Post
Honestly, I feel it's time for 3rd party and fan support to step it up, or WotC to hire on quite a bit more freelancers. There just isn't enough content being produced and I'm a little tired of waiting. I mean I'm doing just fine in my games, but I'd really like some pertinent support (both my parties are edging level 20).

As far as current support goes, Open Design just recently released The Lost City, a Paragon sandbox, but beyond that I'm at a loss. Maybe the surviving 4thcore guys will have a few surprises. I seem to recall they had a second module in the works, maybe even a third.

Lets hope WotC gets their miniature epic path in gear soon. I think there was also mention of a Paragon Encounters series. And no doubt the prequel to Temple of Elemental Evil will be at least Paragon. Of course much of that is in the far-flung future. They need to utilize the speed of the digital offerings to provide what fans want now, or find people who can.

Come to think, I thought I heard somewhere that they've reached out to a number of 4e bloggers for more material, but I could be mistaken...

Tuft

First Post

Lindeloef

First Post
Neverwinter Box being a heroic tier thingy makes sense to me. It's to introduce new players to the forgotten realm.

Gradmore Abbey looks good to me. Two poster maps, token and dungeon tiles are nice add-ons (don't care for the deck of many things [yet?])
Hope the Adventure will be as good as the other "Essential Adventures" (from DM box and Monster Vault)

catastrophic

First Post
I realise there is a lot of speculation about people not reaching epic, and so on. But i'm wondering about other motives.

For isntance, i'm sort of wondering if they feel as if higher tier campaigns don't use as much purchased material? And that their content offerings would be more about beginner dms, and aid for campaigns earlier in their life cycle?

There might be some truth to that, too. A full, 30 level campaingn is less likely to be an adventure path and more likekly to be a GM's personal project, imo.

Ryujin

Legend
More bad news. My group is headed for late Paragon and I want to run them through Epic, since we haven't done any Epic gaming yet, but I'm having difficulty figuring out what I want to put them through. Unfortunately the previous DM, now a player, read literally all of the earlier released material when trying to figure out where he wanted to take things, even though he didn't take us past 20th.

SabreCat

First Post
I'm in the same boat, getting close to the epic tier and feeling sad that there's so little to look forward to there. While it's great to try to bring new players in, and it's true that most groups start at/play Heroic... the groups that have been running games since early in 4e's life cycle are reaching levels 21+ in greater and greater numbers.

delericho

Legend
More bad news. My group is headed for late Paragon and I want to run them through Epic, since we haven't done any Epic gaming yet, but I'm having difficulty figuring out what I want to put them through. Unfortunately the previous DM, now a player, read literally all of the earlier released material when trying to figure out where he wanted to take things, even though he didn't take us past 20th.

May I suggest starting a thread here, recounting the campaign so far, and asking for ideas? Lots of good minds on ENWorld.

Plus, it would make a change from the unending buffet of Edition Wars, 5e speculation, and complaining about the DDI. :)

Remove ads