• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just Cancelled DDI

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Well, I had been on board since the beginning. But, I just cancelled. I DM pretty much monthly, but am not currently playing. My son has not played in some time. Dragon and Dungeon are shells of their former selves. 4E support and products are non-existent from WotC, completely non-existent.

Can anyone think of any reason to stay on board at this point, if you aren't a player using the character tools? I cannot.

Too bad, because I'd be happy to give them money, if they actually produced product anymore. But really, there just isn't much left at all that makes me want to pay what is a pretty small amount of money.

Obryn

Hero
I am staying on mostly for the Compendium and the new Adventure Tools. Dragon and Dungeon are largely useless nowadays. I think everyone - including WotC - knows this and has stopped really trying. They don't want new mechanics or monsters, and once we hit that point ... well, I have several editions' worth of fluff products already, you know?

I have the offline "loaded" CB, and the third party support for it far exceeds WotC's own support at this point.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Compendium and monster builder/adventure tools are still really useful.

Dragon and Dugneon have stuff, not much, but they have it. They are doing pdfs again, about 32 pages for Dragon!

Like I said, something.

the Jester

Legend
I have the offline "loaded" CB, and the third party support for it far exceeds WotC's own support at this point.

True dat!

I hate to say it, but I gave up on DDI over a year ago-maybe two- when the Monster Builder hadn't adopted the MM3 math yet and the MM3 had been out for more than a year. I just couldn't justify paying for tools that didn't work any longer, especially with the crap content in, and attitude towards, Dragon and Dungeon (I mean, come on- not even compiling the issues anymore??).

Sadly, WotC has overpromised and underdelivered on every digital D&D offering that I am aware of.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I paid for one month, downloaded all the content that I thought was interesting, then canceled my subscription. I thought that's what everyone did. Why pay every month for a trickle of new content, when you can just pay once for all the content that's already there?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm still subbed, but I've got an active 4e game.

Not sure if you don't have an active 4e game that it IS really worth it. Dungeon and Dragon can be interesting, but really only get that way when you use the content.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I unsubscribed last month too. I stopped playing in a 4e group a couple months ago and I realized I only used it for the CB. I spend most of my time on my iPad nowadays, if the magazines were in a format that was less obnoxious to get into I might have stayed with it to read them.

I would love something like Marco Arment's "The Magazine" for how to distribute RPG-related content.

Remove ads