Kaijewish?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or more like a Learnean critter.

Start with one giant frog. Injure it enough, it fissions into two frogs half the size of the original. Repeat ad nauseam and hop for the best...

ccs

41st lv DM
I'm going to bet that it was not literally one giant Egypt sized frog. I have a feeling that we'd have heard about that from multiple sources, not just in Exodus. Somebody'd have carved a hiroglyph of that....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OTOH, just like you find in certain parts of the world of today, the leaders of Egypt were prickly sorts, and did occasionally try to eradicate records of less favorable events.

Still, even if Frogjira didn’t exist, it makes fo both a nice bit of inspiration for adventure design. Not just in and of itself, but also from the standpoint of finding inspiration in Re-imagining the stories, legends and myths of old.

For example, with Stargate, Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Arthur Clarke, and Von Däniken in mind, I took the stories of the fae of Underhill and made them crashlanded Greys whose use of tech like stasis fields, multidimesional construction and solid-light holography to become the “Elves” of one campaign setting while they waited for rescue.

IOW, the familiar mythology and faith stories we have can be mined for new ideas, if we just think that:

1) what they handed down to us was as close as they could get to describing things they didn’t have the vocabulary to depict with accuracy, and

2) maybe the stuff they wrote down was accurately depicted, and subsequent writers “corrected” what they assumed to be errors.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Ooze of Frogs
I'm going to bet that it was not literally one giant Egypt sized frog. I have a feeling that we'd have heard about that from multiple sources, not just in Exodus. Somebody'd have carved a hiroglyph of that....

Heket the Frog Goddess of Egypt

02CCCC93-03CC-4020-BC7E-03EF98450952.jpeg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Possibly? Heket was a fertility goddess associated with ‘rebirth’ from the Nile Floods, and her priestesses are beleived to have been midwives (who used ankh to instil life into newborns).

Remove ads