• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Keep on the Shadowfell specifics from Mearls (4e designer) .. new info on Page 2

AZRogue

First Post
Yeah, if the adventure is now only TWO WEEKS before the core books then the adventure really should be a full fledged one, like a normal straight up module with depth and solid story. As in, more than 64 pages of adventure mixed with semi-rules.

If it is a "preview 4E" module, which is fine too, then, like, release it BEFORE 4E. As in, more than a month before 4E.

This lukewarm/can't-make-up-my-mind-so-let's-do-both-badly decision is the cutting edge of fail.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Can WOTC change the release date for this adventure? Is it possible for them to release early May? Is there a hold up, adventure not finished? Printing lag?

I'd like this adventure as soon as I can get my hands on it, my group has had a taste of 4e and there is no going back to 3e now. My old FR campaign will just have to die, die, die....

Wepwawet

Explorer
Probably the core rulebooks will also be released late :p
If this is the case you can by H1 and still play it 1 month earlier than PHB ;)

Anyway, if I buy H1 it will be only for the adventure :)

Nebulous

Legend
small pumpkin man said:
It's only two weeks in advance, by the time you get to third level you'll probably have the full rules in front of you anyway.

Hell, by the the time you reach your SECOND adventure you'll have the rules in front of you, much less 2nd level.

eleran

First Post
Nebulous said:
Hell, by the the time you reach your SECOND adventure you'll have the rules in front of you, much less 2nd level.

speak for yourself. My group plays weekly. So If we start playing H1 the first meeting after I get it we should get 3 sessions in before the core rules are out. Once we get the core rulebooks in our sweaty fists we (mostly I as DM) will need to spend some time grokking the DMG and MM. I honestly don't foresee us playing the first session of my new 4e campaign til the first week in July or so. Unless I decide to make H1 the first series of things in my new campaign, but it doesnt really fit the topography, but that can change I suppose.

withak

First Post
Hmm... how much am I paying for this again? $20? Maybe I'll spend that money on expedited shipping for the core rules instead...

JeffB

Legend
Because I've become very skeptical of 4E in recent weeks, I actually cancelled my pre-order for the core-books and am waiting for this preview module instead. I want to see some production 4E material and then determine whether taking a look at the corebooks is worth it.

Plus I'm a sucker for low level novice modules :lol:

hexgrid

Explorer
ainatan said:
Why would I pre-order KotSF if I already have Raiders of Oakhurst + pregen sheets?

I my case, I just want the adventure and the three double-sided poster maps.

AZRogue said:
Yeah, if the adventure is now only TWO WEEKS before the core books then the adventure really should be a full fledged one, like a normal straight up module with depth and solid story. As in, more than 64 pages of adventure mixed with semi-rules.

If it is a "preview 4E" module, which is fine too, then, like, release it BEFORE 4E. As in, more than a month before 4E.

As a "preview 4E" module, I think it's more for people who want to preview 4e before deciding to buy it, not for people who want to preview 4e before it's released. Aiming at the first group definitely makes more sense, because it will still be there long after 4e is released. The second group is very temporary.

Remove ads