D&D 5E Keith Baker's Eberron/Ravenloft Crossover Comes Next Week!

Eberron-creator Keith Baker will be launching an Eberron/Ravenloft crossover supplement next week on DMs Guild. It's called Dread Metrol: Into the Mists, and will be released on Tuesday, July 13th. The queen watches as the sun sets and the undead lay siege... Tall, handsome, powerful... the undisputed master of House Cannith is also a new kind of artificer... The monsters of the mists...

Eberron-creator Keith Baker will be launching an Eberron/Ravenloft crossover supplement next week on DMs Guild. It's called Dread Metrol: Into the Mists, and will be released on Tuesday, July 13th.

kbdm.png

The queen watches as the sun sets and the undead lay siege...

kbdm2.png

Tall, handsome, powerful...
the undisputed master of House Cannith is also a new kind of artificer...

kbdm3.png

The monsters of the mists aren't always the ones with claws or snake hair...
they could be the victims...

kbdm4.png

Deals are needed to cross the Bridge of the Dead...

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Ya know, I was hoping for a nice $5 dollar adventure. Should have known better.......I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes, but I'm out.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If I had steady income, I'd be in......and, the quality of their products is VERY HIGH. I've just decided that most setting books are not being purchased this year unless they are WotC and I can make a product or two for them.....

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
If I had steady income, I'd be in......and, the quality of their products is VERY HIGH. I've just decided that most setting books are not being purchased this year unless they are WotC and I can make a product or two for them.....
It's a setting book -and- contains an adventure. Six characters go from level 1 to 4 in the adventure which has 5 sections. Plus new monsters and 9 maps.

Also comes with a Player's Guide to the setting, so all the player-facing information is handled and separate so you can share that around without anyone getting a look in the adventureybits.

Oh. Also new Artificer Subclass.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
It's a setting book -and- contains an adventure. Six characters go from level 1 to 4 in the adventure which has 5 sections. Plus new monsters and 9 maps.
Yup, I saw that. Like I said, it is worth the money, most likely. I'm just cutting back....I probably have a thousand PDFs on my PC, if not more.......so it has to be something I REALLY EXPECT to play, or can create content to sell.....

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I know you're a big fan of crossovers and adaptations, but if you actually look at the sales of these third-parties, very few of them hold a candle to the sales of a company like Wizards of the Coast. I know Hasbro is a company that is quick to absorb toy brands that they think are valuable, but I'm quite certain there is almost no TTRPG company out there that they'd consider a merger with, with the exception of Games Workshop (because they're actually quite large).

The sales of Pugmire for example are such a small drop in the bucket, I'm doubtful a single person on Hasbro's M&A team is aware of who they are or what they're product is.

Now, I think you would be correct that more video games and movies are possible, but that's contingent on the early ones being a success. The launch of Dark Alliance, which seems to be mostly panned, is already throwing a wrench in that. I'm sure more are coming anyway, but if they keep launching products that do poorly this could easily stop. The movie for example could be a complete bust, ending any future of D&D media in film/TV.
Dark Alliance isn't reviewing great, but how is it selling? That's what matters for analyzimg future activity from WotC.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads