• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keywords in my Forbidden Thread Subject List

lukelightning

First Post
These are the words that will force me to avoid reading a thread here on Enworld, and comments on why.

Paladin. Oh no, not again!

Vow of Poverty. I hated it even before it started cropping up in the boards like flies on a rotting hotdog.

Guns, gunpowder, or firearms. Why do people need to make this more complicated than it is? If you want guns in a game, put 'em in. If not, don't.

I have a question. Fine, you have a question. Why not put the question in the subject line where it will actually be useful.

Help me please! Maybe, but again, why not put some info in the subject, like "help me with pricing this item."

Gloria Estefan The rhythm is going to get me, but not on Enworld.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
lukelightning said:
These are the words that will force me to avoid reading a thread here on Enworld, and comments on why.

Paladin. Oh no, not again!
Agreed. :D

The RPG Industry is Failing or other Sky-Is-Falling variants thereof.

Warrior Poet

freebfrost

Explorer
So what about my upcoming thread:

"Query: I need assistance with Impoverished Pistol-wielding Holy Warriors attacking the Miami Sound Machine"?

:)

GQuail

Explorer
lukelightning said:
I have a question. Fine, you have a question. Why not put the question in the subject line where it will actually be useful.

Help me please! Maybe, but again, why not put some info in the subject, like "help me with pricing this item."

Totally agree with this. When I skim the forums I might mouse over an odd title to work out what's going on: but I'm more likely to not give a damn because the person clearly doesn't want to help us help them.

Perhaps a generic title is excuseable if you're trying to ask a question related to your game and you want to avoid tipping off your players, who also read the forum, but please give us everything you can!

lukelightning

First Post
Another pet peeve is when someone asks "what's the best race for a <class>?" And one person will write something useful like: "Dwarves make awesome wizards here's why..." and the rest of the suggestions will be: "half-dragon rakshasa! Shadow-touched jungle elf! beholder-grafted ruby-throated hummingbird!!!!!"

Dragonbait

Explorer
lukelightning said:
Another pet peeve is when someone asks "what's the best race for a <class>?" And one person will write something useful like: "Dwarves make awesome wizards here's why..." and the rest of the suggestions will be: "half-dragon rakshasa! Shadow-touched jungle elf! beholder-grafted ruby-throated hummingbird!!!!!"

*coughcatfolkcough*

diaglo

Adventurer
OGC or OGL ... IANAL so don't ask me questions about what is or isn't legal. and don't ask on some general geek messageboard.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads