• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keywords in my Forbidden Thread Subject List

diaglo

Adventurer
lukelightning said:
The first time I saw "IANAL" I said "you what?!?!?!?"
i think it means I'm anal. but i never really understand what the heck you kids are talking about more than half the time.

Dragonbait

Explorer
While I don't see this on Enworld much, the WoTC boards had this a lot: WoTC, stop publishing information about [Core class or Core Race] because my campaign does not use them!

Personalizing a setting is fine. Dropping a core race or class (like dwarves or wizards) is fine. Getting angry at a company and choking up their MBs for referencing those core races and classes in products because, y'know, they should know that you don’t use that race or class in your setting/campaign, which is the only one in existence, is not fine.

diaglo

Adventurer
Sell me on.. Since when has it become the public's job to pimp products for publishers. If you are interested about product X and you want to buy it but don't know enough about it. Go ask the publisher. If you don't want to buy it... don't buy it and leave sleeping dogs lie. If you want to read a review. Go to the review section.

jezter6

Explorer
diaglo said:
Sell me on.. Since when has it become the public's job to pimp products for publishers. If you are interested about product X and you want to buy it but don't know enough about it. Go ask the publisher. If you don't want to buy it... don't buy it and leave sleeping dogs lie. If you want to read a review. Go to the review section.

On this board at least, those words should never need spoken. There is more pimping going on here than on K Street in Washington DC.

Nuff said.

eris404

Explorer
I'd like to add any thread or post with the sole purpose of complaining about Dragon and/or Dungeon, how it is useless to one person's game, etc. Constructive criticism is one thing and just saying "X sucks" does nothing for me.

Oh, and on a slightly related note, I think the term "bling" needs to go away now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads