• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kids Games 5-10

snotling

Explorer
I picked up Sitting Ducks from playroom entertainment on a whim. It turns out to be a fantastic game for my kids. They enjoy it and love to play it often. I picked up a couple others from playroom (pirates and Cosmic Cows). Cosmic Cows was also a hit. I took them to my FLGS and they picked up Tiki Mountain from Slugfest Games. This one is fun, but it is NOT for the younger ones (as it deal a lot with reading the cards).

Anyone have any other suggestions of games, like Sitting Ducks or Cosmic Cows? The more that can play the better (we have a rather large family).

thanks
-snotling

scitadel

First Post
Kids of Catan is lots of fun - we sold some over the weekend at the Con and literally the next day the vendor (who was the one who purchased it from us) dropped by to say their kids loved it. So can't be bad.

Kinder Bunnies is supposed to be a lot of fun as well.

Otherwise, Gulo Gulo is a dexterity game that I've heard a lot of good things about.

Ahzad

Explorer
Kids of Catan is lots of fun - we sold some over the weekend at the Con and literally the next day the vendor (who was the one who purchased it from us) dropped by to say their kids loved it. So can't be bad.

Kinder Bunnies is supposed to be a lot of fun as well.

Otherwise, Gulo Gulo is a dexterity game that I've heard a lot of good things about.

Kinder Bunnies is a lot of fun. We are big fans of Killer Bunnies and got Kinder Bunnies for the kids so they could have fun as well.

snotling

Explorer
Do you need killer bunnies to use kinder bunnies? eitherway this might be the next one to get..

though with a name like duck duck bruce.. hmm.. gonna have to look that one up :)

Kids of Catan and Gulo Gulo I'll also look up. thanks.

Adso

First Post
Great Kids' Game...Great Game Period!

I picked up Sitting Ducks from playroom entertainment on a whim. It turns out to be a fantastic game for my kids. They enjoy it and love to play it often. I picked up a couple others from playroom (pirates and Cosmic Cows). Cosmic Cows was also a hit. I took them to my FLGS and they picked up Tiki Mountain from Slugfest Games. This one is fun, but it is NOT for the younger ones (as it deal a lot with reading the cards).

Anyone have any other suggestions of games, like Sitting Ducks or Cosmic Cows? The more that can play the better (we have a rather large family).

thanks
-snotling

A friend of mine from Catalina turned me on to a game, currently published by Mayfair, that's just brilliant. "Hey! That's My Fish!" (sometimes just called "the Penguin Game", or "Pingvinas" in Lithuania, were it was designed and first released) is a fast-paced and simple game for ages 8+ that is elegant in design and features both fun and very robust play, even for adults. It's a game for 2-4 players.

Ahzad

Explorer
Do you need killer bunnies to use kinder bunnies? eitherway this might be the next one to get..

though with a name like duck duck bruce.. hmm.. gonna have to look that one up :)

Kids of Catan and Gulo Gulo I'll also look up. thanks.

no kinder bunnies can be played by itself, but it can be combined with killer bunnies as they get a bit older and can deal with the more violent cards in killer bunnies.

scitadel

First Post
I would second "Hey! That's My Fish" and also add the "aMAZEing Labrynth"

Actually heard good things about both - one of my adult friends' actually likes HTMF 'cause it's simple enough for him (he's a bit ADD) and another friend who was down at PaX who saw the the aMAZEing Labyrinth said its good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads