• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

King of the Troll Haunt - I has it!

Obergnom

First Post
Sounds good! I hope to combine this adventure with Dark Heart over Mithrendain (Dungeon #157) and maybe Claws of Tyranny (Dragon #366) ... the first one seems to be an easy fit as a prelude. The second one seems harder to pull of.

Nebulous

Legend
Thanks for the information. This already sounds more appealing than 'pyramid of shadows'

Cheers

I'm thinking about actually skipping Shadows and moving straight to Trollhaunt. It sounds much cooler to me. I'll just have to figure out what to do in the interim between right after Thunderspire.

avin

First Post
It's just me or this modules are meh for roleplaying...?

I mean, most of my encounters have a non combat solution (bluff, intimidation, bribe...)

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing these informations, this adventure intrigued me since it was announced.

Could you also give some evaluation on the adventure too, even if not based on actual play?

What I'm really fond of are adventures where some interesting situations or encounters are provided, and by encounters I do not mean 10 combat/trap/combat encounters.

Something like Last Breath of Ashenport's tense atmosphere, or the cart race in Depths of Avarice.
A city to defend seems good enough, hoping characters have to decide what to guard or have to coordinate the city's defenses and not just face a combat with the enemy boss and some minor rule describing side effects in the combat.

I plunder adventure and remodulate them to fit in my campaign, and the elements here above (together with add on such the maps for the minis) , so interesting RP and combat situations are fine, old dungeon crawls are not for me.

That said, do you think I could like this adventure, has it the right degree of intriguiness (if this word does not exist, it should)?

Thank you for your time!

Cadfan

First Post
I've actually got a much stronger idea of what my Shadowfell looks like than my Feywild.
And I bet I know why. :) Any chances that will translate into a 4e update to a certain class you wrote a while back for WOTC?

My own feeble efforts were fun, but unlike my Fencer, I'm starting to think that my approach to a 4e Shadowcaster was fundamentally flawed.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
If this helps:
[sblock]
intheworks_p13.jpg

This is the secluded spot you enter the Feywild.

(For you lawyers out there, it was a preview pic on the WotC site. ;))[/sblock]

Thanks for posting this (and the thread in general), Rechan. That is a wonderfully evocative piece. Despite my occassional frustration with the system, I LOVE the art in 4e so much better than 3rd.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'd like to ask if there's anything in this module that's really different from the Heroic series. In looking at it, it seems to me like it's just "higher level bad guys are trying to do something bad to a town."

So what makes this P1 rather than H4 ... other than higher level guys who are trying to take over the town?

--Steve

Cadfan

First Post
I'd like to ask if there's anything in this module that's really different from the Heroic series. In looking at it, it seems to me like it's just "higher level bad guys are trying to do something bad to a town."

So what makes this P1 rather than H4 ... other than higher level guys who are trying to take over the town?

--Steve
1. Bad guys... from another dimension!!!
2. Instead of you being the first to go at it, other heroes have failed before you.

vagabundo

Adventurer
1. Bad guys... from another dimension!!!
2. Instead of you being the first to go at it, other heroes have failed before you.

The scope of the affected area seems to have increased, although there is not much of a threat unless this Troll King goes on the war path, as there seems to be only one town close at this stage.

xazil

Explorer
To further link H3 + P1 I was thinking of setting the town to actually be wholely in the Feywild in the recent past. Then ripple effect of the events of H3s end which swap the whole town back into the normal world. I don't have P1, so would this be practical? This gives the players a further responsibility about Moonstair.

Remove ads