• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 1 "Pilot"

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
"Oh, hi, Sakura. Yeah, I, uh, I know. Yeah. Right."

Dan gets serious for a second.

"She's not happy with whatever's going on between them. This isn't just some happy fling. Something's going on."

Tokiwong

First Post
James

“Do they have potential?” Jeff replies, “sure I guess, but the way the music industry is now a days, everything is so prepackaged, you’re a hit before you even make your record it seems like. There is no soul left in the music, why I try to keep it real, just the music, not try and let the money and glamour get in the way of the message. Know what I mean?”

Back out front…

White Divine plays three more songs and then takes a break to get some drinks, and mingle. Selene talks to David for a minute and he kisses her, it looks like he was going fro the lips, but she turns her head and it is on the cheek she smiles meekly, and then heads to the bar to get some drinks and mingle for a minute.

Selene spots Dan and walks over, a Smirnoff Ice in hand, she smiles, “Hi, Dan right? I didn’t know you hung out here, do you go to Pepperdine? I thought I knew everyone here,” she winked.

David glances toward Selene and Dan, and gets an angry look on his face.

JimAde

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Back out front…

White Divine plays three more songs and then takes a break to get some drinks, and mingle. Selene talks to David for a minute and he kisses her, it looks like he was going fro the lips, but she turns her head and it is on the cheek she smiles meekly, and then heads to the bar to get some drinks and mingle for a minute.
Dexter takes a couple of quick shots as David tries to kiss Selene. Sandra is clearly way too good for this scumbag.
Tokiwong said:
Selene spots Dan and walks over, a Smirnoff Ice in hand, she smiles, “Hi, Dan right? I didn’t know you hung out here, do you go to Pepperdine? I thought I knew everyone here,” she winked.

David glances toward Selene and Dan, and gets an angry look on his face.
Uh oh, Dexter thinks. Whatever else is going on, that is one ticked-off scumbag. He puts the camera in the pocket of his jacket and starts moving through the crowd to a spot closer to David. Just in case.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura looked quickly to Dex when she saw David trying to Kiss Selene, making sure that he was getting the pics, when she saw that he was getting them, she relaxed, felling that the case would be wrapped up in a matter of hours, she'd email the pics to Sandra, and tell Sandra what was going on, leave the decision up to her about what the nex move was, whether she wanted the P.I.s to continue following him, or now that they had her proof, just stop.

When Selene approaches Dan, she is feeling much the same as David, well, without the fact that he is cheating on Sandra part. She slips backward into the crowd, a little bit away from the pair, trying not to be noticed.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Dan stands up and puts his back to David, keeping one eye on Dex, trusting his co-worker to let him know if the older guy tries anything.

"Uh, no, I don't. I, uh, I was in here earlier and heard about the show and uh, well I just wanted to, you know, check you out -- I mean, not, you know, check you out or anything, just, I thought..."

It's official. I'm a moron.

"That was a really great show. You guys are really good. So, uh," Dan jerks his head backward to indicate the man presumably still standing behind them, "Isn't that the manager guy from the store? What's up with that?"

Tokiwong

First Post
barsoomcore said:
Dan stands up and puts his back to David, keeping one eye on Dex, trusting his co-worker to let him know if the older guy tries anything.

"Uh, no, I don't. I, uh, I was in here earlier and heard about the show and uh, well I just wanted to, you know, check you out -- I mean, not, you know, check you out or anything, just, I thought..."

Selene smiles, "I get what you mean," she says playfully, "you're a real smooth talker huh?" she jokes.

barsoomcore said:
"That was a really great show. You guys are really good. So, uh," Dan jerks his head backward to indicate the man presumably still standing behind them, "Isn't that the manager guy from the store? What's up with that?"

"Thanks," she smiles genuinely, "they play great I am just filling in till they find a real lead singer, but I am having fun," she pauses glancing to David, "oh, yeah he is, its a long story. Well not that long, just a big mistake, and now I am paying for it. We sort of slept together, well it was once, and I was feeling so bad for him, and I was a little tipsy no excuse but whatever, I am young right?" she shakes her head.

"Yeah I am sorry, TMI, but you asked," she jokes, "now he thinks we are like together and stuff, and to be honest I just don't want to lose my job, I can use the money, helps me through school, and I get to meet interesting people," she says with a smile.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Do they have potential?” Jeff replies, “sure I guess, but the way the music industry is now a days, everything is so prepackaged, you’re a hit before you even make your record it seems like. There is no soul left in the music, why I try to keep it real, just the music, not try and let the money and glamour get in the way of the message. Know what I mean?”

James nods, pulls up a chair beside the musician, starts to fit into the role he's created.

"I hear ya. There's worth in that, the satisfaction of making music for the sake of music. Not found that often these days, money making the world go round and all, its all too easy to stumble across those who see music as a means to an end," he says, getting into a philosophical mood, and failing to notice the music cease.

Excellant, I'm established. Just gotta sit tight until things come to a close. Doesn't look like Selene's in any kind of threat anyway, so I can just hang out back here and talk music till the others are done. Jeff's an interesting guy.

Tokiwong

First Post
barsoomcore said:
OOC: SENSE MOTIVE! With an Action Point for sure.

Dan rolls a total roll of 13, then an additional 4, with his Action Point. His total roll is 17. She seems to be on the level.

James

"Hell yeah, they are killing the sound, with their prefab, million record selling, constructed beats, that have no soul, just the sound. But nothing behind it, its a sad state of affairs, but what are you going to do, start a revolution," he jokes, as he plays a soft melody on his guitar.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
"Look, uh, Selene, uh, look, I maybe I can help you with that guy, you know? If he's being a problem. Or something. I..."

Dan takes a deep breath.

"Those guys are crazy if they think they need a different singer. You're the best part of the band."

What am I doing here? Why am I talking to this girl? That sure is a short skirt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads