• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 1 "Pilot"

JimAde

First Post
barsoomcore said:
"Look, uh, Selene, uh, look, I maybe I can help you with that guy, you know? If he's being a problem. Or something. I..."

Dan takes a deep breath.

"Those guys are crazy if they think they need a different singer. You're the best part of the band."

What am I doing here? Why am I talking to this girl? That sure is a short skirt.
[OOC: Dexter tries to position himself in a spot where he can continue to observe David without being seen in return. If possible, he'll grab a seat to be less conspicuous.]

Tokiwong

First Post
barsoomcore said:
"Look, uh, Selene, uh, look, I maybe I can help you with that guy, you know? If he's being a problem. Or something. I..."

Dan takes a deep breath.

Selene smiles, "How chivalrous... that is so cute," she can't help but giggle.

barsoomcore said:
"Those guys are crazy if they think they need a different singer. You're the best part of the band."

She blushes, as best as her darker skin allows, "Now your just joking with me," she smiles with a blush, "but thanks Dan, you're a really sweet guy, I am glad I came over here to flirt with you," she winks, "I have to get back up on stage, but maybe we can continue this later," she finishes her drink and works her back to the stage.

Tokiwong

First Post
barsoomcore said:

Dan takes a deep breath.

Selene smiles, "How chivalrous... that is so cute," she can't help but giggle.

barsoomcore said:

She blushes, as best as her darker skin allows, "Now your just joking with me," she smiles with a blush, "but thanks Dan, you're a really sweet guy, I am glad I came over here to flirt with you," she winks, "I have to get back up on stage, but maybe we can continue this later," she finishes her drink and works her back to the stage.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"Hell yeah, they are killing the sound, with their prefab, million record selling, constructed beats, that have no soul, just the sound. But nothing behind it, its a sad state of affairs, but what are you going to do, start a revolution," he jokes, as he plays a soft melody on his guitar.

A musical revolution... how would it be done?

James shrugs and smiles. Not knowing what to say anymore anymore, he sits in amiable silence and listens to Jeff tune his guitar.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
A musical revolution... how would it be done?

James shrugs and smiles. Not knowing what to say anymore anymore, he sits in amiable silence and listens to Jeff tune his guitar.

Jeff continues to play and breaks into an off the cuff cover of "Paint it Black," with his guitar and haunting voice. He has talent to be sure, and really seems to fill the song, as he gets into it, strumming away.

Meanwhile out front, White Divine plows through more songs, playing a variety of old rock and roll, and newer songs still popular today. Finally finishing with two orginal works, "Black Rose," a haunting dirge, of a love lost, and how it destroys a young woman's faith in love. The second song is much harsher, brash, and in your face, "Paradise", a stirring rock anthem, that really allows Selene to hit the high notes!

As the band finishes people cheer, and shout, and Selene and the band bows, before making their way backstage with the instruments and load up a van with their stuff. Jeff thanks James, and then heads out front and tunes his guitar, before he starts playing some soft folksy music, all original stuff.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
As the band finishes people cheer, and shout, and Selene and the band bows, before making their way backstage with the instruments and load up a van with their stuff. Jeff thanks James, and then heads out front and tunes his guitar, before he starts playing some soft folksy music, all original stuff.

Well, playtime's over. Once they're safely packed up I can get outta here. Till then I gotta become part of the background.

James pretends to take no apparent notice of the band as they come backstage, instead seeming to focus on listening to Jeff's music. He casts sidelong glances at Selene, monitoring her condiditon, and the doors backstage, trying to be ready for anyone who might make a sudden entrance.

JimAde

First Post
As White Divine finshes their set, Dexter wanders over to Sakura, making sure to keep half an eye on David in case he leaves.

"So, good band, huh?" he asks loudly. He stands close and smiles broadly, trying to project an air of someone attempting a pickup. He says more quietly, "James is backstage, so he'll probably follow Selene if she leaves. Do you want me to go out back and hook up with him in case that happens?"

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura shakes her head, "I'll follow her, though I don't think she'll leave, she's having way too much fun with Dan." Sakura says angrily, thinking about it, she shrugs, "If you and James want to partner up, go ahead, I'll be with Dan, no problems on that I guess." she tells him.

"They are quite good though," she admits, and finishes the rest to herself, especially Selene. She threads her way through the crowd, to near the backstage area, able to jump in if she needsd to.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Shalimar said:
Sakura shakes her head, "I'll follow her, though I don't think she'll leave, she's having way too much fun with Dan." Sakura says angrily, thinking about it, she shrugs, "If you and James want to partner up, go ahead, I'll be with Dan, no problems on that I guess." she tells him.
Dexter shrugs. "I guess James can take care of himself. I'll stick with Davey-boy in case he and Selene go separate ways."

Shalimar said:
"They are quite good though," she admits, and finishes the rest to herself, especially Selene. She threads her way through the crowd, to near the backstage area, able to jump in if she needsd to.

As Sakura walks away, Dex does his best to look disappointed. He shrugs philosophically and gets himself another drink. Then he wanders back toward the entrance to the bar, making sure to keep David in sight as much as possible.

[OOC: What is the building like on the outside? That is, is it free-standing or part of some kind of commercial row/block? How many storeys? If it is free-standing how far is it from its neighbors? I know I'm being paranoid, but I want to be able to cover the exits in case something bad happens. David looked pretty ticked-off :) ]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads