• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"Now that is prime positive energy for you," Harvey smiles, "How do you feel?"

James taps his chest.

"I feel fine. Great, in fact. Very trippy feeling it is, having your injuries just mend themselves like that," he says, casually poking the spot where the bullet hit earlier, and looking surprised.

This is totally surreal. Maybe I should have tried to get a job with a department like this back home.

JimAde

First Post
Dexter leans over and closely examines the spot where James was injured. He straightens up and says softly, "Well pull my tail and call me a monkee. I'm a believer."

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Dan's suspicions have not abated, and weirdo super-healing drugs are doing nothing to ease his fears.

He's seen The X-Files.

"What do you want from us?"

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"How...why...How did Selene and I end up being Scions, or whatever? It doesn't seem like its an every day occurance or everyone would know and there wouldn't have been a guy trying to hurt her." Sakura says, sounding ruffled by the fact that she is now a psychic, or some kind of Demon Spawn, with people hunting her.

"You said ties to the super-natural, what exactly is the supernatural, I mean beside Selene and I, are you trying to say werewolves and vampires and stuff are real? You said you wanted our help after all, so what exactly do you want us for? To be like freak police?" she asks, half in jest, but if there is the possibility of getting on the force, even in a weirdo department like this, its pretty clear she was interested.

Tokiwong

First Post
“Now that is the spirit,” Harvey smirks to Dexter, “but seriously this isn’t really about believing so much as it I accepting that there are mysteries in the world that science cannot explain. Well not the mundane type of purely wired science that the world has grown to accept. Not that it I wrong, just incomplete.”

Jane nods, “Mr. Kovalson I understand your sentiment, I am the consummate realist, and I rarely lose my senses to flights of fantasy. But you will see that there are far more layers to this world then your eyes will allow you to see.”

“Indeed,” a voice hisses softly, s a man forms into view out of thin air behind Sakura. He I stall and statuesque with long dark hair, and red nearly crimson skin. Black etches or lines criss-cross his skin, and he bows with a genteel grace, revealing a swishing serpentine tail. He wears dark pants with black boots and a gray dress shirt under a long black trench coat.

Harvey gestures to the stranger, “Gabriel so glad you could join us.”

Gabriel hisses softly, in a strange accent, “The pleasure is mine, my friend,” he places his hand over his heart in a slight nod, “Greetings” he directs his words to the detectives, “I am Gabriel, I am also a member of Department 7. I specialize in arcane affairs, and my skills in the art is of modest merit.”

“He is hat you would think of as a wizard, like Gandalf or Merlin,” Jane presents tersely.

Gabriel focuses on Sakura; “Perhaps I would b best qualified to answer your questions on the origins of your powers. Scions are believed to be the fallen children of angels; angels who broke God’s will and mated with humanity in the beginning times. Thus creating the half-mortal children, the Nephilim, it is the blood of the Nephilim that gives you power, scion. Both of you.”

“In later adaptations of the story, Nephilim became synonymous with demons an devils, and they were said to be the spawn of the fallen, and the host of the pit for breaking God’s will. But this may just be perversion of the old story, which lead to some great and ancient conflict that scattered the spawn of the Nephilim across the globe. The truth of the matter is that in time the Nephilim became outcast amongst humanity, and even hunted. Now we of Department 7 seek to understand them, and not destroy them. We seek to understand them like any other supernatural entity,” Harvey expounds.

Gabriel nods, “There is much for you to understand, but I can see from the looks on your faces that this may be a little much to swallow all at once. Harvey perhaps it is best we do what we can for their injuries and send them on their way, to contemplate what they have learned. If thy wish to return and learn more then we will be waiting.”

Harvey nods, applying the shot to Selene. Her injuries disappear into a small scar. The young singer steps back towards Dan, “I am totally freaked out right now, this is way out there, and I am definitely going to need time to process all of this. I don’t know hat you expected o me, but I just want to go home…”

Jane nods, “Alright, well is that the consensus?”

JimAde

First Post
Dexter's legs give out and he collapses into a pew. He stares into the distance for a moment and then his gaze is drawn to Sakura.

"There were giants in the earth in those days," he says quietly. "And also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." He looks at the others. "Genesis 6:4. The Nephilim were supposedly one of the reasons God destroyed the world in flood."

Looking at Gabriel he says, "Yeah. I guess I could use a little time to collect my thoughts as well."

Festy_Dog

First Post
James goes slack-jawed at Gabriel's entrance.

Now's the time where I'd save my game and try to kill the NPC's to see how powerful they were. Somehow I don't think this is a Playstation game though...

Tokiwong said:
Jane nods, “Alright, well is that the consensus?”

"I wouldn't complain with some time to process things, but consider me hired or whatever," James says, not giving up a chance to explore unfamiliar territory.

JimAde said:
"There were giants in the earth in those days," he says quietly. "And also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." He looks at the others. "Genesis 6:4. The Nephilim were supposedly one of the reasons God destroyed the world in flood."

"Heavy," James mutters.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura whirls about on the balls of her feet, ready to kick out towards the sound of the voice behind her, and the sight of the man, certainly makes her want to do exactly that. When Harvey greets the man, she drops back from her striking position, in to a wary ready position. The wannabe cop looks from Gabriel to Harvey, and then turns back to Harvey.

"I want to know everything, like if those guys are gonna go after my twin brother too." she tells the 3 Dept 7 Agents, "You can count me in for whatever, if your telling the truth about protecting people, if you really want more detectives for your Department, I'm in." she says, looking between the 3, she smiles when James agrees with her.

"We do also have to give Mrs. Martin the info on David as well. I'd be appreciative if you'd tell her what you told Dan. Then Sandra and her baby can get on with their lives."

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
"We're leaving. Let's go, people. Into the car. Lots of time to talk later. When we're not here."

Dan attempts to usher his friends outside, keeping one arm around Selene and one eye on that guy in the prosthetic suit. The really, really good prosthetic suit. Much better than what that guy'd been wearing on the Stargate: SG 1 set last year. But definitely a suit. Oh, yes.

JimAde

First Post
Shalimar said:
"We do also have to give Mrs. Martin the info on David as well. I'd be appreciative if you'd tell her what you told Dan. Then Sandra and her baby can get on with their lives."
"Whoa, whoa," says Dexter, holding up a hand. "She just has a philandering husband. There's no reason to think they have anything to do with all this...stuff." He says. Then he looks at Selene and asks, "Is there?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads