Kingdom of Ashes IC discussion (What if we held a war and *everybody* came?)

No time for air

The_Universe said:
Bishop Carr's eyes widen in surprise. "This is...unexpected!" His gaze narrows, curiosity defeating surprise. "So did it really speak to you? In those exact words? If it's not the hoax we initially suspected, perhaps it deserves further study...tell me--what is it you want to know?"

Words spilled from Justice's mouth more quickly than ever in her eighteen years. "It is the truth... I went to it expecting nothing and instead, I have this. At first, I thought I was supposed to search for these people-- that it was my duty to bring these heroes to their destiny. But, Preston told me that he believes the prophecy is about me... me and my companions... And, Preston knows much more than I do about things of this nature... being only eighteen years old, I cannot be expected to know these sorts of things..."

Continuing on without stopping for air, Justice studdered, "I am so confused, Bishop Carr. I just want to understand what this prophecy means... if even in the broadest terms. You said that it had been compared to ancient texts... Apectan writtings... I need to know what it says about history... and what it says about the future. I need someone that is wiser than myself to help me solve some of the riddles before I go mad stewing over them myself!" Justice stopped suddently and gasped for air--she had never known she could speak so much, so quickly and breathe so little.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Words spilled from Justice's mouth more quickly than ever in her eighteen years. "It is the truth... I went to it expecting nothing and instead, I have this. At first, I thought I was supposed to search for these people-- that it was my duty to bring these heroes to their destiny. But, Preston told me that he believes the prophecy is about me... me and my companions... And, Preston knows much more than I do about things of this nature... being only eighteen years old, I cannot be expected to know these sorts of things..."

Continuing on without stopping for air, Justice studdered, "I am so confused, Bishop Carr. I just want to understand what this prophecy means... if even in the broadest terms. You said that it had been compared to ancient texts... Apectan writtings... I need to know what it says about history... and what it says about the future. I need someone that is wiser than myself to help me solve some of the riddles before I go mad stewing over them myself!" Justice stopped suddently and gasped for air--she had never known she could speak so much, so quickly and breathe so little.
"Slow down, young lady! Knowledge, like all things, should be sought after recklessly. Ask, and I shall do my best to answer--but weigh your questions as carefully as I would weigh my answers! I can hardly solve the riddle if I don't know what parts have given your little circle difficulty, now can I?"

The_Universe said:
"Slow down, young lady! Knowledge, like all things, should be sought after recklessly. Ask, and I shall do my best to answer--but weigh your questions as carefully as I would weigh my answers! I can hardly solve the riddle if I don't know what parts have given your little circle difficulty, now can I?"
Visibly attempting to calm herself down, Justice asks, "Well... in the reference to the Daughter of Sun and Shadow, it says that 'Salvation lives within your blade,
And in the heroes found in westward lands,' do you think that means that I am to travel West?"

The_Universe

First Post
Visibly attempting to calm herself down, Justice asks, "Well... in the reference to the Daughter of Sun and Shadow, it says that 'Salvation lives within your blade,
And in the heroes found in westward lands,' do you think that means that I am to travel West?"
"Ah! This is the only thing we were sure of upon our initial examination. The only thing this means is that you needed to travel west of the Oracle--how far west is far from certain. Though the prophecy hardly specifies, I would imagine that your situation would change little unless you travelled west beyond the map! Have you found heroes, Justice? Or do you search still? If you have found them, then you are where you belong."

The_Universe said:
"Ah! This is the only thing we were sure of upon our initial examination. The only thing this means is that you needed to travel west of the Oracle--how far west is far from certain. Though the prophecy hardly specifies, I would imagine that your situation would change little unless you travelled west beyond the map! Have you found heroes, Justice? Or do you search still? If you have found them, then you are where you belong."
Justice nods. "Yes, the circle that travels with me... they are the heroes. It has taken me a long time to admit that we are those heroes. This sort of thing doesn't happen to real people... or at least... it wasn't supposed to. But, now that it has, it seems we only have riddle-filled prophecies to guide us. Do you see now why it is so important to bring L'Aurel back?"

The_Universe

First Post
Justice nods. "Yes, the circle that travels with me... they are the heroes. It has taken me a long time to admit that we are those heroes. This sort of thing doesn't happen to real people... or at least... it wasn't supposed to. But, now that it has, it seems we only have riddle-filled prophecies to guide us. Do you see now why it is so important to bring L'Aurel back?"
I know that your friends are somehow important to the prophecy...but it does not seem to mention resurrection....but as I said, if you persist, I will try. We all will."

Again, nodding... "The prophecy is secondary, really, Bishop Carr. It fills my thoughts and I attempt to unwind it's puzzles constantly but, the answers will come. I know they will. If time permits, I will go over the prophecy line by line with you and do some study in the library... but, for now... for now, I have more pressing, personal matters to discuss with you." Justice appears to settle--wisdom overcomes brash excitement and a dark seriousness appears on her brow.

"Bishop, I wish to speak to you of something very... ummm... unknown. It is something quite revolutionary... for the world and for the church..."

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Again, nodding... "The prophecy is secondary, really, Bishop Carr. It fills my thoughts and I attempt to unwind it's puzzles constantly but, the answers will come. I know they will. If time permits, I will go over the prophecy line by line with you and do some study in the library... but, for now... for now, I have more pressing, personal matters to discuss with you." Justice appears to settle--wisdom overcomes brash excitement and a dark seriousness appears on her brow.

"Bishop, I wish to speak to you of something very... ummm... unknown. It is something quite revolutionary... for the world and for the church..."
"I find it hard to believe that you could tell me anything that I have never heard of. The unknown is rarely found in libraries, my dear!"

The_Universe said:
"I find it hard to believe that you could tell me anything that I have never heard of. The unknown is rarely found in libraries, my dear!"

Justice laughs, somewhat uncomfortably. "You know Joshua Preston, correct Bishop? What exactly do you know of him?"

The_Universe

First Post
Justice laughs, somewhat uncomfortably. "You know Joshua Preston, correct Bishop? What exactly do you know of him?"
"Preston was legendary in his day...he cut a swath across the kingdom wide enough for 3 men, all by himself. He was an adventurer in the truest sense of the word. When he was a young man he pressed the church to find the Apecto's tomb...and he quested after it as a man driven. He had few allies in the church--another priest, a convert from the Amastacian Order--Dorn. They became friends after some minor altercation at a gathering of the churches in Atur. Andara, another Amastacian joined them shortly thereafter.

Sometime after that, they just disappeared. I never heard what happened to Andara. Probably married a farmer somewhere. They all got embroiled in some controversy with His Holiness, and dropped off the face of the earth, until about 7 years ago. Stories started filtering that Preston had taken up with some rebels...your rebels, in fact. The...Phoenix...Army, I think...this did not go over well with the Bishop in Caer Albion, either. Once more--why do you ask?"

Remove ads