Kiss My Axe: Thirteen Warriors and an Angel of Death

FraserRonald

Explorer
Are you ready for some Viking mayhem? Kiss My Axe: Thirteen Warriors and an Angel of Death is an RPG of Viking adventure that looks to the sagas as much as to history to inform its take on Europe's romanticized pirates and pillagers. Vikings invoked fear in the monks of England and fascination in the Victorians from that same nation. Raiders and reivers, explorers and merchants, the men from the North left no part of Europe untouched, and reached beyond, to lands only imagined or wholly unknown. Their imprint on European history is so strong, they have their own eponymous epoch. Dread warriors, they have been a staple of fiction and a paradigm of the barbarian. Is it any wonder role-players regularly turn to them for inspiration?

Kiss My Axe is available now in PDF and Print format from Sword's Edge Publishing. You can find it at RPG Now and DriveThru RPG.

97405.jpg

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I may have to pick up a copy. Under 15 bucks. Less than 100 pages. A small investment of time and money. I have a few questions.

Is it digest size or 11x14?

Is it available from retailers with physical stores?

What do you need to play?

FraserRonald

Explorer
I may have to pick up a copy.
As you might expect, I certainly hope that you do. Thanks so much for expressing interest. Even if you don't end up purchasing it, it's nice to you that it at least sounds tempting.

Under 15 bucks. Less than 100 pages. A small investment of time and money. I have a few questions.
Fire away!

Is it digest size or 11x14?
It's 6X9, so smaller than most RPG books. Also--and this might be an issue--given it's dimensions, the graphic artist went with size 9 font (9 picas, perhaps? let's just say small). The print is smaller than in my 3.5 D&D books.

Is it available from retailers with physical stores?
I'm afraid not. The print will be done through RPG Now/DriveThru RPG's Print on Demand agreement with Lightning Source. I am also planning on getting it up on Amazon, though that is going to require a bunch of tax forms, so this will likely take a fair amount of time (measured in months, methinks). Right now, RPG Now/DriveThru RPG are the only places to find it.

What do you need to play?
The book, 2d10, paper and writing implements. The game only uses d10, only the players roll dice, and the game is self-contained.

I'm happy to answer any other questions anyone might have.

FraserRonald

Explorer
Suffer the Witch, an adventure for Kiss My Axe, is now available.

A group of Vikings cast ashore find a village stripped of its warriors. The chieftain speaks of a witch, once a wise woman of the village, now bitter and flushed with hatred. The village suffers under her curse, and he has lost many men in attempting to free it. He cannot risk any more.

And these adventurers, lately come from the sea, lost and in need of aid? Can they save the village of Kalved?

Suffer the Witch, an adventure for the Viking RPG Kiss My Axe: Thirteen Warriors and an Angel of Death, was created for Gen Con 2011. It is a challenge for 4 – 6 starting characters. Pre-generated characters are included, but the adventure can be run with any newly generated Kiss My Axe character. While the adventure does not require the use of Kiss My Axe, the narrative characters and some situations are based on that system and would require modification to use with another system.

You can find Suffer the Witch here.
98588.jpg

Remove ads