• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As Baeleth and the others approached the shop, Rhaka stopped just shy of the door. "Kinjon and I will wait outside. Shopkeepers and animals do not often get along, especially with one as threatening as Kinjon here. I'll keep watch to see if anyone seems to show interest in our odd little group."

Rhaka and Kinjon try to wait patiently outside the shop - Rhaka obviously paying more attention to Kinjon than anyone around. For the most part she watches people's feet as she crouches to pet Kinjon. The only ones that she looks up to catch their faces are those who actually stop their feet and show interest in her and her pet.

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

Heading outside, so the group is complete before he speaks, Baeleth says, “Well, as far as I can see, we’ve really only got three options, unless we want to head away from what we’ve discovered so far. Either go look for another establishment like this, and hope they know something, seek out a merchant house representative who trades in exotic items, or return to investigating the docks and warehouses...unless Verra has another vision.”

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I think trying to find someone who knows something about the symbol might help. Verra, you think if you saw it again you'd recognize it? Maybe we could look it up in a library."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"I would vote least in favor of the docks. It seems like such an obvious possibility, but we were getting nowhere fast - and more than one of us was doing the searching. If we can get a lead on those symbols either through a library or another merchant that might be the way to go. After all, a wild donkey does not leave a known patch of clover on the hope of finding a simple pasture of grass."

As she speaks, Rhaka continues to watch the area and street around them in case anyone should be taking interest in the fact that the whole party is outside the building.

unleashed

First Post

Noticing Rhaka looking around, Baeleth remarks, “Let’s walk as we talk ladies, after all we might as well be on our way somewhere, as we’re not doing much standing here. Though I’m not sure we’ll be able to identify the symbols any better in a library, as from Verra’s description I couldn’t even tell which alphabet precisely they were from, and I’m quite fluent in one of them. I could write out the draconic alphabet if you think it might help Valerie...though sitting would be better for that, than walking, if you want precision.”

unleashed

First Post

“Likely so, though I wish I’d thought to look for footprints before, when we were looking around the warehouses...perhaps I could have matched something to those I saw at he house, last night.”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads