• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Knightfall's "Humanoids + Templates = Fun" Thread (Retired)

Krishnath

First Post
Damn, guess I can't post my blue minotaur then.... MotP, may I suggest a Wood Elemental Elf (wood elf! Get it? :p)

Hmm... maybe I should post my winged reptilian drow? (Droloch)

Later,

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Damn, guess I can't post my blue minotaur then.... MotP, may I suggest a Wood Elemental Elf (wood elf! Get it? :p)

Hmm... maybe I should post my winged reptilian drow? (Droloch)

Later,

What an excellent idea. How about the Wood Elemental Template on the Bamboo Elves from JD&HG? Hmm, I'm going to have to do that one but I want to get through my set list for the monster manual humanoids.

And how about the Blue template on something else, like say and orc or bugbear?

Krishnath

First Post
What blue template? It's just a regular minotaur gladiator who has been magically treated to have blue fur (Gharlocke by the way, is the most popular gladiator of Medano, a large city in my campaign world. Yes, the minotaur's name is Gharlocke).

I'll probably post the Droloch eventually.

Edit: Crap on a stick, forgot the color closer.

Last edited:

Buddha the DM

Explorer
here you go ladies & gentlemen..

Half-Fey/Goblin
Small Fey
Hit Dice:
1d6-1 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft., fly 60 (good)
AC: 16 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +3 studded leather)
Attacks: Morningstar +1 melee; or dart +3 ranged
Damage: Morningstar 1d8-1; or dart 1d4-1
Face/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision, Immune to Enchantment Spells/Effects
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 9, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 12
Skills: Hide +10, Listen +8, Move Silently +12, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness
Climate/Terrain: Temperate and warm land and underground
Organization: Gang (4-9), band (10-100 plus 100% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults and 1 leader of 4th-6th level), warband (10-24 with worg mounts), or tribe (40-400 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 1 or 2 lieutenants of 4th or 5th level, 1 leader of 6th-8th level, 10-24 worgs, and 2-4 dire wolves)
Challenge Rating: 1
Level Adjustment: +2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic (any)
Advancement: By character class

Half-Fey/Goblins speak Goblin, and Sylvan; those with Intelligence scores of 12 or above also speak Common.

Combat
They favor ambushes, overwhelming odds, dirty tricks, and any other edge they can devise.

Spell-like Abilities: A half-fey/goblin can use the following spell like abilities with a caster level of 1. At Will- charm person; 1/day- hypnotism. Some half-fey/goblins have been known to use faerie fire* (1/day), while others have been seen using glitterdust* (1/day).

Skills: Half-Fey/Goblins gain a +4 racial bonus to Move Silently checks. Half-Fey/Goblin cavalry (mounted on worgs) gain a +6 bonus to Ride checks and the Mounted Combat feat (neither of these benefits is included in the statistics block).

* A half-fey/goblin only has one of these two spell-like abilities, and not both. Choose one for each particular half-fey/goblin.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
What blue template?

My mistake.

The Blue is a psionic goblin in the PsiHB. It was obviously created with the Psionic template, which is at the beginning of Chapter 8: Monsters in the PsiHB.

Later,

KF72

p.s. Buddha, I like the Half-Fey/Goblin. Very cool. I might have to take a second look at fiend folio once i have some more money. :D

Ferret

Explorer
Shadow wood Raccoon
Small Outsider
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft, climb 30 ft, swim 30 ft
AC: 17 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural)
Attack: 2 claws +4 melee, bite -1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d3, bite 1d4
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spikes
Special Qualities: Slow fall, Scent, Low-light vision, Cold resistance(5), Shadow blend, Evasion, Elemental, Dark vision, Plant, Wood sense
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +11, Listen +8, Spot +8, Swim +11
Feats: Weapon Finesse (claws, bite)
Climate/Terrain: Temperate forest
Organization: Solitary or den (male plus female and 1-2 young)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 2-6 HD (Small)

Shadow wood raccoons, or Shade wood ‘coons as they are sometimes known, are raccoons that seem to be made up of long, dark vines, with occasional bark hide. Though they are not swayed in any moral direction, they do tend to be mischievous.

COMBAT

They attack from the shadows, and only use melee combat if the opponent is to strong or they are seen.

Slow Fall (Ex): A raccoon that is within arm's reach (or forepaw's reach if you prefer) of a solid surface (wall, tree, etc) can use the surface to slow its descent. The raccoon takes damage as if the fall were 30 feet shorter that it actually is.

Shadow blend (Su): In any other condition other then full daylight a shadow creatures can disappear into the shadows, giving 9/10 concealment. Artificial illumination, or even light or continual flame, does not affect this, but a daylight spell will.

Elemental: Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis and stunning. Not subject to critical hits.

Plant: Also due to the closeness to plants it is immune to polymorphing and mind-influencing effects.

Wood sense (Ex): The can Detect any creature in contact with vegetation, within 60ft, even if the is not in contact with the same vegetation.

Skills: Raccoons receive a +4 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks, and a +6 to move silently

And also

Hollow black bear
Medium-Sized Undead
Hit Dice: 3d12 (19hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 60ft
AC: 15 (+2 Natural +3 Dex)
Attacks: 2 Claws, +9 melee; Bite +4 Melee
Face/reach: 5ft. By 5ft./5ft.
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +3, Refl +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 17, Con --, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +8, Listen +4, Spot +7, Swim +10

Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement Range: 4-5 HD (Medium-size)

Sorry to write and run but it's getting late.

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Mindswimmers

Ancient Swimmer (Two-Headed Psionic Merfolk)
Medium-size Humanoid (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 5 ft, Swim 50 ft.
AC: 16 (+1 Dex, +1 nat, +4 Inertial Armor)
Attacks: +3 Trident, +4 Underwater Crossbow
Damage: Trident 1d8, Underwater Crossbow 1d10
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Superioir Two-Weapon Fighting, Psionics
Special Qualities: Darkvision 90 ft, Low-Light Vision, Telepathy 100 ft
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: str 10, dex 12, con 14, int 11, wis 11, cha 13
Skills: Listen +10, Spot +10
Feats: Alertness, Inertial Armor
Climate/Terrain: Temperate Aquatic
Organisation: Solitary
Treasure: Double Headwear
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: by Character Class

Psionics (Sp): Mindswimmers may manifest Biocurrent or Lesser Body Adjustment as 3rd level Psion at will.
Attack/Defense Modes: Mind Thrust/Thought Shield at will.

The oceawn floors of the worlds are littered with shipwrecks, hidden temples and sunken ruins. Some of these places still hold some power, and sea-dwellers who spend their lives near it may suffer the consequences of ancient magic. Once every few generations, from the tribe of Merfolk living in wat was once the island-kingdom of Aelantia, renowned for it's splendor and endless magic, a child is born with a unique gift. She has two heads. Infused with the lingering magic of Aelantia, she develops differently in her mother's womb, and the resonance between the twin minds invariably awaken the child's psionic potential. Though shunned by her peers and elders, the Mindswimmer is always a stalwart defender of her birth community. A Mindswimmer's daughters are also Mindswimmers. Sons are 'standard' Merfolk.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ferret, while your Shadow wood raccoon is kind of cool. It really doesn't qualify as a 'humanoid'. Try to stay within the threads theme please. (You don't have to remove the Shadowood 'coons though.)

ANYWAY, here's another one for ya'll... a half-celestial lizardfolk race. (God, I must be tired, I just typed ya'll.) :p

Scalefolk (Planetouched)
Medium-Size Outsider (Aquatic, Good, Reptilian)
Hit Dice: 2d8+6 (15 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
AC: 19 (+1 Dex, +6 natural, +2 large shield)
Attacks: 2 claws +4 melee (or morningstar +4 melee), bite +2 melee; or javelin +2 ranged
Damage: Claw 1d4+3 (or morningstar 1d8+3), bite 1d4+1, or javelin 1d6+3
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Immunities, light, low-light vision, spell-like abilities
Face/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 17 (+3), Dex 12 (+1), Con 17 (+3), Int 11 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
Skills: Balance +9, Concentration +7, Hide +5, Jump +11, Listen +6, Move Silently +5, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6, Survival +6, Swim +11
Feats: Multiattack
Climate/Terrain: Temperate and warm lands (marsh 75%)
Organization: Solitary or gang (2-3)
Treasure: 50% coins; 50% goods; 50% items
Alignment: Always neutral good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +5

Immunities: Scalefolk are immune to acid, cold, disease, electricity, poison, and charm and hold spells or abilities.

Light (Su): Scalefolk can use light at will as a free action.

Spell-Like Abilities: Scalefolk can use the following as a 2nd-level cleric: 3/day – protection from evil (cast on others); 1/day – bless.

Skills: Thanks to their tails, scalefolk receive a +4 racial bonus to Jump, Swim, and Balance checks.

More to come right away...

Last edited:

Remove ads