D&D 5E [Kobold Press] Announcing Tome of Heroes!

Awesome. Is this going to be basically rolling up the Warlock and Deep Magic releases into a new book, or is it all unseen material?
They just last year released Deep Magic 5e as a compiled book with all the Deep Magic release i though, no need to do that all again I would have thought?

I do hope that if it's basically a Heroes' Handbook 2.0, then they update the quick setting summary at the start to the timeframe of the more recent books. I love the Midgard campaign setting book, but the body text does contain a lot of spoilers re secret plot developments like the whole Nethus thing. It'd be nice to have something spoiler-free to give players.

Marc Radle

Legend
Awesome. Is this going to be basically rolling up the Warlock and Deep Magic releases into a new book, or is it all unseen material?

Some material will be picked up and compiled (mainly from smaller releases like Warlock and the various Players Guides) but most of the material will be brand new!

Stormonu

Legend
How tied is this to Midgard? I had not picked up books like Midgard or SCAG because they seem strongly tied to a specific campaign world. If this is easily dragged and dropped into a home brew like Xanathar’s, I’ll be happy to give it a look!

Marc Radle

Legend
How tied is this to Midgard? I had not picked up books like Midgard or SCAG because they seem strongly tied to a specific campaign world. If this is easily dragged and dropped into a home brew like Xanathar’s, I’ll be happy to give it a look!

Great question!!

This is not tied to Midgard, it is a setting neutral source book like Deep Magic or Vault of Magic, and is easily used in any campaign setting or homebrew world!

There will be some sidebars in the book detailing how some things tie into Midgard, but otherwise this is a book that will work for everyone's game!

Marc Radle

Legend
Tome of Heroes for 5e Kickstarter is launching soon!

Be sure to sign up for Kickstarter Notifications!!

Legionnaire Fighter.jpg

Remove ads