• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kobold Quarterly #3 has arrived

Monkey King

Explorer
MatthewJHanson said:
I subscribed a few weeks after issue #2 was published and received that issue, so I think you'd get 3.

Yep, we send out the current issue to new subscribers for about a month after it releases, or until we run out.

Since both #1 and #2 are sold out in print, we printed a lot more for #3. And we're going to run out sooner rather than later AGAIN. So if you want to subscribe to the print version, don't wait too long.

Napftor

Explorer
Varianor Abroad said:
...(And also a bit remniscent of the very cool pdf series from Bret Boyd, Behind the Spells, which according to an ad is coming out soon in compiled form! Yeah, now that’s an awesome 3.5 product!)...

[hijack] Compiled with extras. Glad to know I have one sale, varianor. ;) [/hijack]

Glyfair

Explorer
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
Yep, after seeing issue #3 I'm taking out a full page ad for #4. I love the mag-it really brings back memories of Dragon in it's heyday (for me that's around 60-110 or so).
I just happened to read this review on a blog I read occasionally:
I got my hands on issue number 3 of Kobold Quarterly thanks to the editor's kind indulgence.

As I read through the articles this evening, I flashed back to sitting at my friend Bret's house reading the latest Dragon magazines back in the early 80's as a teenager. The great cover combined with the interior's earnest writing and production values remind me of that era. Nostalgia is a powerful force, isn't it? I think this publication might have legs.

So it's doubly cool to hear that Kobold Quarterly has decided to come on board early in its support of 4E D&D. Sounds like Wolf's patrons know when to back a winner.
The blog is Bruce Cordell's.

Monkey King

Explorer
Damn! Glad to see that Bruce Cordell supports the Kobold Army. I just handed him an issue because, well, he's the Overmind of Psionics and the inventor of the Far Realms.

I really should get a round of endorsements. I wonder what Mr. Gygax and Arneson think of it. ;)

kuje31

First Post
I got my printed issue today and I didn't know about this magazine until a poster over on Candlekeep made a thread about it. So you have a few posters over there who signed up.

Unfort, it seems that they are out of the dice. :( However, I did get a letter saying sorry about the dice, but here is a code for a free back issue instead.

Nice, thanks guys for at least offering a replacement!

Kuje.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads