Kris' miniature thread

Kris

Adventurer
Matrix Sorcica said:
I want to buy your minis, Kris. Seriously.
:) Well, if I ever find myself short of cash, or if (shock, horror) I actually "grow up - and stop playing with silly little figures" I'll know who to contact :D

Seriously though, while I know they are nothing special and not going to win any awards or anything, I'd hate to get rid of anything I've painted. I know a lot of folks do it to earn some extra cash or whatever, but once I've painted something up (no matter how good or bad the paint job) I'd be somewhat hesitant to let it go :)

Sad but true.

Kris

Adventurer
Matrix Sorcica said:
One question: Those LotR minis, are they scaled for D&D?? Guess so, since you're using them?
It depends how particular you want to be really, I mean there are some pretty big differences in the pre-painted D&D figures for similar (or even the same) types of creatures... but seeing as how they are monsters (and just tokens representing placement) I'm not too bothered (I also like my orcs to be less than 'man-high' in any case :) ).

It's a terrible picture, but here's a size comparison:
orc_sizes.jpg

From left to right; D&D Hobgoblin; Ral Partha Orc; D&D Orc; LOTR plastic Orc; D&D Hobgoblin; Black Tree Orc; D&D Orc; LOTR plastic Uruk-hai.

I hope that helps.

Kris

Adventurer
It's been a while since I've posted anything in this thread ...but I figured I post a quick picture of what I was working on last weekend (as I just got the urge to build something out of bits & pieces that I had lying around):

keldaheim.jpg

It is mounted on a piece of 12" x 3" balsa wood, and the mountainside was made out of two 12" square polystyrene ceiling tiles (carved up, glued, etc. appropriately).

The dwarf figures, shields, and doors were from various GamesWorkshop bits I got off eBay a while back, and the bricks & columns are spare bits I had lying around from various Hirst Arts moulds.

I think it turned out quite well ...though I've just realised I've not really got anywhere to put it :) (but I'm sure I'll find somewhere).

Kris

Adventurer
I mentioned over in another post that I've been painting a few more miniatures recently, and so I thought I'd post a few pic's of them here (and add them growing list).

First off are some 10mm miniatures (yeah these guys are really small).

Basically, I have recently got hold of the HotT (Hordes of the Things) wargame rules - as I thought it might be a simple way of resolving mass battles. And so here is the resulting HotT army (standard 24 points worth) to represent the soldiers of the Eastwold in my campaign world.

HotT hero & magician:
hott_hero_magician.jpg

HotT knights & riders:
hott_knight_riders.jpg

HotT 4 spear units:
hott_4_spears.jpg

HotT 2 shooter units:
hott_2_shooters.jpg

whole army (sorry it's not a great pic):
hott_army.jpg

...and a size comparison with a regular sized miniature:
hott_size.jpg