log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim snarls, "No so fast, my friend. Take a load off!"

Tim expertly places the flat of his blade between the running creature's feet, in an effort to trip him.

30% Miss Chance (Roll Twice Because of Murky-Eyed Flaw): 1D100 = [36] = 36
1D100 = [77] = 77

SUCCESS! Neither result was equal to or below 30.

Greatsword Armed Melee Touch Attack To Trip The Doppleganger VS. AC 19: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23

HIT. Tim must now roll a Strength check, which the Doppleganger will be able to oppose.
Tim's Rolls: 1d20 +7 (Strength) +4 (Size)

_: 1D20+11 = [11]+11 = 22

Big Tim's Strength Check = 22.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Mutt tries to bite the creature as it passes, but its fangs are repelled by the shield of force.
Tim snarls, "No so fast, my friend. Take a load off!"

Tim expertly places the flat of his blade between the running creature's feet, in an effort to trip him.

30% Miss Chance (Roll Twice Because of Murky-Eyed Flaw): 1D100 = [36] = 36
1D100 = [77] = 77

SUCCESS! Neither result was equal to or below 30.

Greatsword Armed Melee Touch Attack To Trip The Doppleganger VS. AC 19: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23
HIT. Tim must now roll a Strength check, which the Doppleganger will be able to oppose.
Tim's Rolls: 1d20 +7 (Strength) +4 (Size)


_: 1D20+11 = [11]+11 = 22
Big Tim's Strength Check = 22.
As the doppelganger shifts to avoid Mutt's biting teeth, it fails to react quickly enough to avoid Tim's blade. The shapeshifter topples over in a gangly heap and it makes a mournful hissing sound. "No fair."

The fight has seem to have gone out of it, as it doesn't try to crawl away. "It surrenders to you. Mercy? Do not kill."

Tim can see that its black blood seeps out of several wounds out onto the cobblestone street. Its breathing is ragged.

OOC: The doppelganger can oppose with a Dexterity check too, not that its going to matter with that roll! Need a 19 or 20!

Doppelganger - Dexterity check to oppose trip attempt: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

Nope.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim stares at the cowering creature for a moment, before saying: "I would not normally spare someone who bragged, as you did, about your skills as a murderer. But lucky for you, my gut instinct tells me not to kill you; HOWEVER, if you want to live, you'd better start talking NOW. Give us reason to spare you. Answer our questions, and tell us everything we desire to know."

Tim momentarily glances back at his compatriots; It is obvious that he feels that someone besides himself should be leading the questioning.
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim stares at the cowering creature for a moment, before saying: "I would not normally spare someone who bragged, as you did, about your skills as a murderer. But lucky for you, my gut instinct tells me not to kill you; HOWEVER, if you want to live, you'd better start talking NOW. Give us reason to spare you. Answer our questions, and tell us everything we desire to know."

Tim looks back at his compatriots; It is obvious that he feels that someone besides himself should be leading the questioning.
"Yes, yes, ask and I will answer. I will tell you where more bodies lie and what you do not know about my kind here in this place. There are more than me, but not as sk-..." it pauses. "The other don't have my mind or cunning. We are many here, dozens of others. A few more within these walls but more in the other districts. The place you call New City is ripe with opportunities, yes. But most live in the Undercity. Safer there."

Vinccenzo listens to its words and looks at the creature with contempt. It is a stain on society. The Sectarian Guard can tell immediately that the creature's motives are completely selfish and that it will tell them anything to save its hide. Likely, it will try to flee. He sighs, shaking his head. But its not Vinccenzo's place to kill the creature outright. The commanders of the Bluffside Regulars will want to interrogate this prisoner and execute it publicly.

"It's not telling the entire truth," he says to the others. "I do believe that there might be others of its kind here, but I doubt there are as many as it says there are. Definitely not dozens. That's an obvious lie."

"No, no! I swear what Mani say is true!"

"It has no intention of being locked away. It is just trying to survive long enough to find a way to escape." He pauses. "However, there is a bigger picture here. The leaders of the Regulars will want to interrogate it and my own commanders as well. Even The Five might want to question it. Personally, I'd kill it. But as a sworn protector of the city, I must do my duty and bring this wretched thing to the proper authorities."

"I know much about the inner workings of this place. The hidden things that no one else sees. I know you seek the renegade. The one people are afraid to speak of, even his name. They fear him almost as much as me. A few of my kind work for him. Capture people to take into his magical place. They come and go. But I do not work for him. Mani bows to no master."

"That, might be true," Vinccenzo says looking at Tim. He turns back to the doppelganger. "How many? The truth this time!"

It sighs. "There are three that follow him. Another of my kind lives in the Undercity. It has taken the form of a man called Wendill Upton and runs a stall called Far & Away. It doesn't know of me nor it is connected to the one called Phelix."

"Did you kill Mayor Hollingsworth?"

"No, no! That was not me. It would be stupid to bring the force of Old City down on my head. While i do not know, I think his wife killed him."

Vinccenzo nods to the others that it seems that part is true.

 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim's eyes narrow, as a guttural growl escapes his throat: "I'm losing my patience with your LIES, weakling! If you continue to decieve us, I'll put your carcass on a spit and eat you for DINNER!" As he says that last word, he slams the blade of his greatsword against the cobblestones next to the thing's head, causing sparks to fly.

Intimidate Check (STR-Based) vs. Doppleganger: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

If size also plays a factor, typical size bonus (+4) would make it 27. But that's your call. I'm happy with the result either way. :cool:
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim's eyes narrow, as a guttural growl escapes his throat: "I'm losing my patience with your LIES, weakling! If you continue to decieve us, I'll put your carcass on a spit and eat you for DINNER!" As he says that last word, he slams the blade of his greatsword against the cobblestones next to the thing's head, causing sparks to fly.

Intimidate Check (STR-Based) vs. Doppleganger: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

If size also plays a factor, typical size bonus (+4) would make it 27. But that's your call. I'm happy with the result either way. :cool:
The doppelganger flinches slightly as the sparks hit its face. It looks passively at Tim but its expression is too alien to judge.

"I will tell you what I know, but how I see the world isn't the same as you might see it, large man," it says drily. "Your bluster will not affect my knowledge of events as I know them." It pauses and shifts its form to that of an old man. The shift is nearly instantaneous. Its voice becomes old and creaky. "I have lived a long time, young ones. I know much about Bluffside and the world."

It cackles and shifts back to its natural state but then coughs up a bit of ichor. "That hurt. Must not do that again until I've healed. I will be allowed to heal, right?"

"That depends on your continued usefulness," Vinccenzo says with his arms crossed. "And no more theatrics. Or I will let my large friend 'spit' you."

"Yes, yes. I will be useful to you. You will see." It pulls itself up into a seated position and tries to staunch the blood coming from its shoulder.

 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: 15th level!?!?! How many racial HD, it should have dealt with us even with the disadvantage of numbers.

"I'm interested in your handywork. Who? Where? Any still alive? Do you have the antidote for the poison in that stablehand?" Akos approaches the group lowering his hands from preparation to casting.
"Thank you for the information on others. Do you know if those loyal to the renegade have some sign to use for recognition?"

"We should check that young guard. Maybe he was replaced. And we brought it back to his influential father."


Akos kneels next to the creature and binds the worst of its wounds.
"You'll live. I hope your phisiology isn't too different from humans internally. I would really like to disect you to see the connection of your joints and bone structure. But I guess it will have to wait."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Tuck turns his little reptilian head this way and that, studying the doppelganger with both eyes in turn.

Holding his sword ready in case it makes a run for it, Tuck says softly, ”You’re a danger to innocent people. And for what? Your own amusement?”

The kobold, whose goal in life revolves largely around helping people in the city he fondly calls home, hates the doppelganger intensely.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: 15th level!?!?! How many racial HD, it should have dealt with us even with the disadvantage of numbers.
It wasn't 15th level. Remember that a level check is its HD & Levels + Wisdom modifier. It was supposed to be a tough encounter, but I rolled a 1, twice! And it was at pivotal moments that luck was against it. The first time, it was attacking with its dagger and dropped it. After that, the doppelganger wasn't as much of a physical threat beyond its psionic abilities, and for a lot of those abilities it would need line of sight.[/OOC]
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"I'm interested in your handywork. Who? Where? Any still alive? Do you have the antidote for the poison in that stablehand?" Akos approaches the group lowering his hands from preparation to casting.
"Thank you for the information on others. Do you know if those loyal to the renegade have some sign to use for recognition?"
"Many, many more. A old woman here, a young soldier there. I like to display my art whenever I can, but sometimes I cannot move them for viewing by the public. The guard have found most, yes. But there are others that hang in their homes or are buried in their gardens. Old City has much greenery. I know all their faces, but I don't remember every name. I've been here a long time, and my art used to be just for me. Now, I share it with everyone. Blood and gore smeared on a step or entrails hanging from a tree."

It claps its hands. "Ooh, you saw the boy! What did you think? Did you see the bloody hand prints on the wall in the alley. That is one of my favorite pieces to day. The poison is from my blade. I dropped it. Such a useful brush." Its shoulders sink. "I will not be able to paint with it again." It sighs. "So sad."

"I think I'm going to be sick," Vinccenzo says.

"Hmm, why? Not an art lover are you?" It cackles like a raven. "There is the older woman in the cart. I painted her before the boy. She is quite the work of art even before mu brush cut her deep. She is near the boy but lost her spark for life quickly. Fear helps me paint and she was more sad than afraid." It looks at Akos. "Why would I leave my artwork alive? They would move and ruin the art. No, all are dead. Glassy eyes and hollowed out guts."

It sees the faces glaring back at it and rolls its eyes. "Everyone's a critic." It sighs again. "The others don't have a signal to each other. We are telepathic beings. We know each other without making hand gestures. They may have a signal to your kind working for Phelix, but I do not know it. I am not his servant and don't care to be his thrall."

Neurotic said:
"We should check that young guard. Maybe he was replaced. And we brought it back to his influential father."
"The one you were chasing? Nathaniel Aceron. He is not one of us. I do not know if they have taken the forms of any of the guards. If they have, I've never noticed them in such forms. But, they rarely venture beyond the wards closest to the Gardens and I do not go into the Gardens. Risky. The renegade does have human followers among the guards. While Young Aceron is not one of them, he likes bribes. Give him coin, and he looks the other way."

Vinccenzo shakes his head in frustration. "Corruption amongst the Regulars is not new."

"Yes, but it is who he takes bribes from is the key. I have seen him an another guard." it pauses to think. "I don't recall his name. He is a scruffy fellow who drinks a lot. Young Aceron gets his bribes from the scruffy one, and from Sabela Abreu. She is in league with the renegade and the leader of the Brelish Thieves Guild here in Bluffside. She and Phelix are old friends, yes." It pauses again to let that sink in. "I know this because I have been there after painting one of her thieves that discovered my identity. I killed him and buried him under the old windmill outside the district. His name was Rees, Rees the Rat. I took his form and went there to make sure no one else had discovered me. I left quickly once I realized a whole guild uses it a front. Yes, too risky."

"I've never heard of her."

"You are Sectarian not Regular. Your kind rarely leaves the Wizard District, yes?"

"Yes, but times are changing."

"Phelix makes all in Bluffside nervous, afraid. Good for my art."

OOC: I think you mean Kaleb Raupach, right?

Sabela Abreu is the owner of the Delicate Delight Eatery, which sits near the walls dividing the Gardens from Old City.


Neurotic said:
Akos kneels next to the creature and binds the worst of its wounds.
"You'll live. I hope your phisiology isn't too different from humans internally. I would really like to disect you to see the connection of your joints and bone structure. But I guess it will have to wait."
"I thank you. But, if I still die, you have my permission to paint me, yes. Just make sure you display my body with flare. All of Bluffside must see me as artwork after death, yes."

Tuck turns his little reptilian head this way and that, studying the doppelganger with both eyes in turn.

Holding his sword ready in case it makes a run for it, Tuck says softly, ”You’re a danger to innocent people. And for what? Your own amusement?”

The kobold, whose goal in life revolves largely around helping people in the city he fondly calls home, hates the doppelganger intensely.
It sighs. "Another art critic. I am surprised, Your people are good painters. Bloodied many gnomes and humans... I have seen. Do you not paint your foes with your brushes of steel. Your wolf has sharp teeth and its bites must be beautiful to behold."

It looks at the bandages on its legs and torso. "Yes, I do love my art. Blood is so pretty. Why would I not be amused by by own work. I do what I love. And, the innocent are more afraid than the guilty. The fear makes the art all the sweeter." It looks longingly at Mutt before glancing back at Tuck. "I see you do not agree."

"I can't," Vinccenzo says. "No more."

He walks off into the fog more than dozen feet and paces back and forth, obviously troubled.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Tuck, can you and Mutt find Mani's dagger in the fog? It is poisoned, so be careful. It may contain the antidote, but it will be useful in any case. Mani, we will divest you of your items and secure you. Don't resist."

Raising away from the creature and rubbing his hands clean he adds
"Mani has many dangerous items on him and many are magical. I advise cleaning him up. At the very least there is a mask, amulet, ring, and wand of the most obvious ones."
 


Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim stares at the creature with a look of disgust. His demeanor and tone change almost instantly. He is calm, cool, collected, polite. "So that's how you'd like to play it, eh? The misunderstood genius, at odds with a society which holds beliefs alien to his own, a society incapable of sharing his vision, because of its own, short-sightedness? So be it. My 'bluster,' as you put it, was to serve a purpose; alas, my ruse failed, because I am more a knight than I am an actor. Nevertheless, I have never left a task untried in the performance of my duty. Your cooperation thusfar has been appreciated; but my friend is correct. You should not resist. Doing so would mean your death. And as you have seen, I'm not much of an artist. I don't think you'd like the way that I would paint you."

Like Breva, Tim is keeping a close eye on Mani, his blade at the ready, leveled at the creature, but not close enough for him to grab it.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Tuck, can you and Mutt find Mani's dagger in the fog? It is poisoned, so be careful. It may contain the antidote, but it will be useful in any case. Mani, we will divest you of your items and secure you. Don't resist."

Immediately Tuck starts looking around in the fog, Mutt following enthusiastically. The dog seems mostly interested in playing, however.

”Found it!” the kobold soon cries out as he takes a piece of cloth from his bag to carefully pick up the blade without touching it.

OOC: Rolls made in OOC thread. No relevant poison-related abilities or Appraise proficiency, however.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Tuck, can you and Mutt find Mani's dagger in the fog? It is poisoned, so be careful. It may contain the antidote, but it will be useful in any case. Mani, we will divest you of your items and secure you. Don't resist."
The doppelganger slumps its features noticeably. "Take my treasures," it says. "Not as important as my life."

Neurotic said:
Raising away from the creature and rubbing his hands clean he adds
"Mani has many dangerous items on him and many are magical. I advise cleaning him up. At the very least there is a mask, amulet, ring, and wand of the most obvious ones."
Breva does not relax his guard as the doppleganger is interogatated. He grips his sword tighter when the magic items are pointed out, ready to lop the head from the creature at the first sign of trouble.
As Akos removes all the doppelganger's items, its true features become more clear. Removing the crystal mask reveals a old and scarred face. Its limbs are frail and its skin hangs awkwardly in places. Breva can tell the creature is quite old for one of its kind. Its skin is mottled and full of wrinkles.

Tim stares at the creature with a look of disgust. His demeanor and tone change almost instantly. He is calm, cool, collected, polite. "So that's how you'd like to play it, eh? The misunderstood genius, at odds with a society which holds beliefs alien to his own, a society incapable of sharing his vision, because of its own, short-sightedness? So be it. My 'bluster,' as you put it, was to serve a purpose; alas, my ruse failed, because I am more a knight than I am an actor. Nevertheless, I have never left a task untried in the performance of my duty. Your cooperation thusfar has been appreciated; but my friend is correct. You should not resist. Doing so would mean your death. And as you have seen, I'm not much of an artist. I don't think you'd like the way that I would paint you."

Like Breva, Tim is keeping a close eye on Mani, his blade at the ready, leveled at the creature, but not close enough for him to grab it.
"Genius... alas... thusfar," the doppelganger mimics back to Tim. "I like your words. There is an art to them, yes." It notes the sword. "Quite the brush. No need to paint. Not resisting. No, no." It pauses. "Am I a misunderstood genius? Hmm, maybe I am. But you think me just another monster with a taste for blood. Personally, I prefer my food cooked, and it is easier to blend in by eating venison. Fear tastes better than blood, yes."

Immediately Tuck starts looking around in the fog, Mutt following enthusiastically. The dog seems mostly interested in playing, however.

”Found it!” the kobold soon cries out as he takes a piece of cloth from his bag to carefully pick up the blade without touching it.

OOC: Rolls made in OOC thread. No relevant poison-related abilities or Appraise proficiency, however.
Tuck can see that the blade of this black dagger has a serrated edge. While its pommel is well worn, the blade looks razor sharp. There doesn't seem to be anything smeared on the blade but that might be a trick of the fog. He has to hold the blade away from Mutt to keep the big dog from sniffing at it.

"My brush," Mani says with excitement. "Oh, I do hope someone else will paint with it again. Alas," he looks at Tim. "It isn't for me to pain with anymore." The shapechanger becomes sullen again and there is a darkness in its eyes. It doesn't struggle as it is tied up, although it winces when the knots are pulled tight.

"We should get it off the street and find shelter ourselves," Vinccenzo suggests out in the fog. "The fog is getting worse. Soon, we won't be able to see our hands in front of our face. There should be a guard post around here somewhere, but I don't know Old City very well." He finds his way to the others. "Any ideas?"

"May I recommend-" Mani tries to say.

"No you may not!"

OOC: A Knowledge (local) check (DC 10) will get you guys to a guard post. There are also several posh taverns and inns in the area (DC 15), closer towards the district's southern gate. (That is also the gate that Mani says young Nathaniel Aceron was heading towards.) While there will be guards on duty at the gate, taking the doppelganger away from the Palace and the Regulars Barracks might not be the best idea. Finding your way through the fog either to the barracks or back to Oakfirst Manor is a DC 20 check. (I will also post this on the OOC thread.)
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I know the way," Tuck says confidently, then looks around for any landmarks. He hesitates. The fog covers everything, and what little the kobold does see, is remarkably like any other thing in the City.

"Aren't we near the Old Cuckoo's Nest?" asks Vincenzo, trying to help.

"No, no, that's over on the other side of... Wait, do you mean the Cuckoo's Feathers Inn, or the Old Peacock Nest?"

Tuck has never felt so lost in his own City...

OOC: Natural 1 on my Knowledge (local) check! What an embarrasment for an urban ranger! ;)

knowledge local: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

Combined with the natural 1 from Vincenzo to Aid Another, I'd say we're truly lost. :D
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Since Mani can change shape the binding will at most slow him down. Keep your hands on him."

Akos adds two loops over Mani's knees. He leaves the rope long enough for normal walk, but it still should hinder it.
"There is a guardpost that way. It is the closest thing. I wouldn't go through this fog to look for the barracks. We can...it may just take some time."

Knowledge (Local): 1D20+11 = [4]+11 = 15
OOC: the rope around the knees with about 1 foot of rope between. Should be enough for normal step...add few inches more it Mani is unusually tall.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"I know the way," Tuck says confidently, then looks around for any landmarks. He hesitates. The fog covers everything, and what little the kobold does see, is remarkably like any other thing in the City.

"Aren't we near the Old Cuckoo's Nest?" asks Vinccenzo, trying to help.

"No, no, that's over on the other side of... Wait, do you mean the Cuckoo's Feathers Inn, or the Old Peacock Nest?"

Tuck has never felt so lost in his own City...

OOC: Natural 1 on my Knowledge (local) check! What an embarrasment for an urban ranger! ;)

knowledge local: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

Combined with the natural 1 from Vincenzo to Aid Another, I'd say we're truly lost. :D
"The Old Peacock Nest? I thought it burnt down last year, At least, that's what I heard," Vinccenzo replies. "I meant the Cuckoo's Feathers. I think it is that way," he points towards the north.

Mani snickers quietly.

"Since Mani can change shape the binding will at most slow him down. Keep your hands on him."

Akos adds two loops over Mani's knees. He leaves the rope long enough for normal walk, but it still should hinder it.
"There is a guardpost that way. It is the closest thing. I wouldn't go through this fog to look for the barracks. We can...it may just take some time."

Knowledge (Local): 1D20+11 = [4]+11 = 15
OOC: the rope around the knees with about 1 foot of rope between. Should be enough for normal step...add few inches more it Mani is unusually tall.
"I've got him," the Sectarian Guard replies as he grabs the doppelganger by the shoulders. "Move, you." He lets Akos lead the way south, southeast past shops and old homes.

Tim takes up the rear to watch their backs. The heroes keep an eye out for more guards but the streets are completely deserted. No one else is out braving the fog this night. It takes over half a hour to find the way through the deep fog to the guard post. It grows cold and the mist seems to cling to clothes and skin and soft ice crystals form on whiskers.

"Damn, it's cold," Vinccenzo complains.

Mani shivers in the night air. "A warm cell, please. Yes. Brr!"

The guard post is a large square building that sits next to an inner gate known as Red Arch. Lights flicker from behind closed shutters and no one stands guard out front. The reinforced double wooden doors are locked. Vinccenzo bangs on the down with his fist.

"Open up," he yells. "We have a prisoner! We've caught the Old City Killer!"

There is no response from inside. The Sectarian Guard bangs again on the door, this time with the pommel of his dagger. "C'mon, open up, you lazy dogs!"

Soon a voice is yelling inside. "Shut up! And watch your tongue or I'll cut it out!" A wooden panel slides back on the other side opening up a rectangular slit just big enough to peer through. "What the Nine Hells do you want?"

"I am Vinccenzo d'Lucio of the Sectarian Guard, and we have a prisoner for your cells."

"Sectarian Guard? You're a long way from the Wizard District, duffer. Take your prisoner somewhere else. This is a Regulars post." The panel slams shut and there is laughing on the other side.

"Stupid guards," Mani chortles. "So easy to fool."

Vinccenzo sighs. "I really hate Regulars sometimes... they can be real bastards."

"I say we paint them bloody and sleep here tonight."

"Quiet!" Vinccenzo pounds on the door again and then kicks it. "The prisoner is the serial killer of Old City, you halfwits!"

The inside goes quiet and then there is mumbling and cursing. The door is unlocked and when it opens, half-a-dozen guards stand inside with their longswords drawn.

The leader steps forward and grabs Vinccenzo by the scruff of his neck. "Are you stupid! I said go away!" Then he looks and sees the adventurers arrayed at the door and his eyes bug out when he sees Big Tim. "This is your prisoner? Why isn't he in chains!"

"No, he's one of us," the Sectarian Guard motions to Mani. "This is our prisoner."

"This old woman," the Regulars guard looks at the doppelganger through the fog, which is starting to billow into the guard post. Mani has taken the shape of an old human woman and looks scared. "This is your killer! Ha! Ha! You are stupid!"

"Stop that!" Vinccenzo orders Mani.

All the old woman does is cry. "Please help me! They are crazy!"

"Let her go, now!" the guard sergeant orders. "You'll all be lucky if I don't throw you in the cells and throw away the key!"

"It's a doppelganger, you ignorant cretin!" The Sectarian Guard gets in the sergeant's face.

"Sure she is and I'm an effing dragon!" He pushes Vinccenzo backwards away from the door and moves to pull Mani away from the adventurers.

"Thank you, thank you," Mani says with glee.

"Sarge, I think recognize the big guy," one of the guards notes. "He's been working with that Elite named Custodio. They're hunting the Renegade Sorcerer."

"Custodio? That damn outcast," he pauses and looks at Mani and then a Big Tim. Then he sees Tuck. "Wait, didn't that report say that there was a kobold working with him too?"

"Yes."

Oh, bugger."

"You are going to be in so much trouble when I tell the Lord Commander about your behavior!" Vinccenzo snaps.

"Sarge?"

The guard sergeant hesitates, sword gripped firmly in his right hand, and Mani tries to step inside out of the reach of Vinccenzo and the others. "They've gone mad! Kill them! Protect me, please!"
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim's eyes narrow. He ignores the sergeant and other soldiers, speaking directly to Mani. "You know, Mani, I was willing to give you a chance. I spared you against my better judgment. But now, you are about to force my hand... Have you heard tell of terrible curses, bestowed by evil warlocks, which are only broken when the warlock who bestowed them dies? I wonder if the same goes for your disguises? If I paint you now, to use your terminology, will you still appear as a helpless old woman after your soul has departed this world? Do you want me to find out?"


OOC: Tim won't actually take action unless Mani gets loose from Vince.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mutt growls as Mani attempts to fool his way out of this situation. The dog understands little of the conversation, but it knows that a prey is trying to escape, and it cannot allow that to happen.

"My name is Tuck," the kobold says hurriedly but politely, "And you are smart enough to know at least stories about doppelganger tricks, Anton."

The urban ranger hopes that knowing the name of one of these guards, if only because he once helped out a cousin of his with a rat infestation, can help build trust that they are, in fact, delivering a doppelganger.

OOC: Taking some liberties here, but I imagine an urban ranger who has helped people around the City for years, has a chance of knowing one of the guards. Right? ;)
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top