Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: OOC:
Finus Lomusin is the head of the Academy that Lady Émilienne went to go meet with in Wizard District. He was mentioned in this post: Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Pennant Hassenforth is the leader of the Great Teacher's clergy in Bluffside. He is renown cleric and the master historian of the Teacher's Library in the Temple District. Akos may have met the man, if he's ever visited the Teacher's Library. I'll leave it up to you. At the very least, Akos has heard of him.

Akos knows that the Great Teacher is one of the main gods of Bluffside and that archaeology, history, sagecraft, and the arcane are the primary aspects of the deity's portfolio. The Great Teacher is known as The Historian and The Wizened Sage, as well as Dylona and Olius -- two ancient gods that have been subsumed into the Great Teacher.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: That was his first stop in Bluffside :) He came after all from a monastery of the Great Teacher. Whether he was important enough or lucky enough to meet the master, up to you.

I'd say this is good opportunity for two sages to meet that only know each other by reputation

Envisioner

Explorer
Relgar seethes with barely-concealed distaste for what clearly seems to be a rather abusive father, not entirely unlike his own. Though the wounds are old and long-scarred-over, they still ache when the climate brings them back to the forefront of his attention. He used to deal with such provocations by burying himself in his work, which was part of what made him such a diligent and respected and sought-after draughtsman. Becoming a draughtswizard instead has made this far less convenient.

(Someone who has a handy diceroller please gimme a d20 roll, and I'll look up my character sheet and tell ye GM what to add to it. Sorry to hear about your OOC woes, dude; glad to have you back.)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lord Raupach said:
"...I am sorry if my harsh words cut you. I don't want Kaleb an Oskar to see me wasting away. So, I snipe at them and others as I once did in my vigor."

Tim smiles, and offers, "Quite the opposite, my lord. I admire your pragmatism. You don't mince words, and you mean what you say. That's a rare quality in this day and age. And I'd like to offer you my services, once the renegade has been dealt with; I would consider it an honor to be of service to you. I can go as far afield in search of this cure as you need me to; I'm no stranger to travel."

Tim bows politely.

Scotley

Hero
Breva listens attentively and with mounting anger at Sir Silverton's words. "A fiend of the first order to be sure." After more consideration he adds. "The Long Con, so this man is a planner, a deep thinker, he muses.

"It sounds as if the city has been forced to just react to his dark plots, with little time to consider what his aims might be. I wonder what he could be seeking? I will not underestimate him or his followers in my quest."

"By your leave I will set off for the old city and Custodio Vecchi now. The Purifier guide my steps."
He bows and sets off at a brisk pace if there is nothing else from Sir Silverton.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
UNDERCITY:

"Divinations like that aren't really my specialty," Jam replies. "Oh sure, I can identify magic items, but most of my ilk can do that." He pauses. "I'm assuming you mean legend lore." He pauses again to pet the dire cat. "Now, if you could describe this creature to me, I might be able to tell you what it is and isn't. Of course, seeing it would make it easier but I can't leave The Tale to go hunting monsters in the Gardens." He shakes his head.

"No, if you need someone to cast that particular spell, you'll need to seek out either Finus Lomusin or Harvess Mortin." He pauses again. "And I'm sure Master Hassenforth of the Teacher's Library could cast it for you. If he doesn't have it prepared for today, he could pray for it tomorrow."

Tuck sighs despite himself.

”Legend Lore, yes, that’s it. A shame, but perhaps by the description we have, you may know more than us, regardless,” the kobold replies, and he tells the bard about what the injured young guard has seen.

He then looks at Akos, sensing his companion knows of at least one person that the kovfe maker mentioned, with a peculiarly arched ridge above his left eye...

OOC: I’m assuming he petted Mutt the riding dog, or did I miss the arrival of a dire cat on the stage? Mutt sure wouldn’t...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you for the information."
He adds to Tucks description as he can before returning to the matter of the casters.
"I've heard about the loremaster obviously, but I never met him in my time here. Master wizard is obviously a famous personage. But I've never heard about Master Mortin. Where could one find such a person?

And when we're at the topic of monsters...you wouldn't happen to know something about the trolls, would you? It seems my learning is lacking in the department of trollage."

Last edited:

Envisioner

Explorer
(Uh oh, I've not been getting notifcations here. I'll be back to check on things in a few days, as I unfortunately have to get to work now, and am not sure when I'll have time to get online again; tomorrow is possible but far from guaranteed.)

Envisioner

Explorer
@Knightfall Okay, I don't have any ranks in K:Local, but my very kind proxy Mr. Hawke did roll a 19 on my behalf, so if this is "common knowledge" (DC 10 or less), then I've definitely got it covered by more than 5, even before you add my +5 intelligence modifier. (Which is a lot more unusual here in 3E than it would be over in 5E, where humans just have to pass level 4 and boost that 17 they rolled all the way up to the highest possible value).

Remove ads