Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
For the second roll, Akos can tell that the circle is probably a magic circle spell that has likely been made permanent. The circle is etched into the stone floor and seems to be part of the room's overall design. If you want him to know the exact spell trapping her, you need to make a Spellcraft check. The DC is 20 + the spell level.

Failed this too :(
Spellcraft to know the spell circle: 1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim still isn't very familiar with the religions of this world, so his skill check fails him. (5)

Tim MIGHT (DM's call) recognize some of the herladry, perhaps even that of the Deaf-Mute Knight (hereafter referred to as the DMK.) with his skill check of 17.

500401ED-64B9-4240-87BD-A24ACA1A23B6.jpeg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so before reply to the IC thread, I'm going handle these rolls... this might take a while. I'm not putting anything in spoiler unless it is something very revealing about Bluffside's past, but I don't foresee anything like that.

FYI, I'm dealing with a sinus infection, so my brain is a little foggy. I'm getting antibiotics today, which should help.

So, knowledge rolls (oh, the gap! the gap!):
History: 43
Okay, that's one hell of a roll. I might have to come back and fill more in later.

The basics: Bluffside has existed in one form or another since 1235 BR (Bluffside Reckoning), which is considered to be the year it was first founded. Old City was begun in that year, which makes the district over 230 years old (237 to be exact). Compared to a lot of other city-states in Kanpur's Northwest Region, Bluffside is still relatively young.

However, Bluffside was founded on the bones of the City of the Ancients known as Sem La Vah. The remaining ruins of that city stand in between all the individual districts of Bluffside. Sem La Vah is considered to be the origin point for the Ancients but no one really knows for sure. The race of giants may not have even been from Kulan, originally.
While the name of these ancient peoples isn't generally known by non-scholars, Akos knows they were called the Barrokks. There are only a handful of historical texts written about them and Akos has never seen one in his life. Most non-scholars simply refer to them as The Ancients.

Akos knows that scholars estimate that Sem La Vah may have been founded circa -5000 BR and that is was destroyed circa -3500 BR. Radical scholarly thinking says that Sem La Vah might have actually existed for hundreds of thousands of years before -5000 BR, but serious scholars do not give that idea any merit. There is no evidence, at all.

Many religious sects believe the Barrokks were either gods living among mortals, or they ascended to the Outer Planes to become a race of Outsiders.

Regardless of age, there are many legacies of the Ancients in and around Bluffside. The huge Palace that stands in Old City and is controlled by The Five was built by the Ancients as were several other structures. There is the Obsidian Tower of the Unknown, which is dangerous and strange mystery. Those that touch the black obelisk disappear, never to be seen again. The Five have forbidden anyone to go near it.

Whatever the room is that Akos is now standing in, he knows it is connected to the Ancients in some way. It might not have been built by them, but it could have been built to worship them as gods. Akos has never seen any texts or scrolls that mentions a Temple to the Ancients being located under the Gate of Scales. It is either completely unknown to scholars or its existence has been hidden from the people of Bluffside.

Considering the lord commander's reaction to finding out about the hidden door leading down into the labyrinth, it is doubtful he knew of its existence. But, do The Five know it is here? It is very unlikely that they wouldn't know about this place.

Neurotic said:
Arcana: 30
Is this a new roll, or the same roll as before? I'll tackle it later.

Neurotic said:
Bardic Lore: 14
I'm going to have to come back to this one. I'm getting really tired.

Neurotic said:
Planes 13
Akos can sense there is something unusual about the room, from a planar point of view, but he will need more time to examine the room in detail. More than likely, however, the portal leads to Phelix's planar enclave, but Akos can't tell if the portal is a one-way or two-way portal. It could just be used for scrying, but, again, he's not sure.

Since coming down on the rope, Akos has had a strange feeling that he and the others might not be just underground. The heat and air pressure in the first room was oppressive and smelly. Since moving out of that room, Akos has noticed the air is more clean, almost sweet, and the corridor beyond the room with the Gargoyle Golem and this obvious temple are not as grungy.

It's a bit unnerving.

Neurotic said:
Architecture 11
Again, is the the same roll as you posted before? I did post a reply here in the OOC thread for those rolls.

Akos is certain that the portal room and the rest of the hidden complex is a labyrinth of some kind. It might not be very big, but that will depend on whether or not there are stairs that lead down, as well as the ones that are at the end of the corridor that go up.

Neurotic said:
Nobility 10
The two large statues of the king-like figures could be any royal figure in history, really. Bluffside has never been a city of kings. Perhaps the labyrinth has a different origin than Bluffside itself. Akos will need a library to learn more about the figures.

Last edited:

Remove ads