Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so I rolled the opposed Bluff check for Falen...

Neurotic,

Okay, so Akos is pretty sure that Falen isn't telling Commander Oakfirst the whole story. Yes, there was likely a ship and a journey but there wasn't a lost treasure chest or pirates or a sea monster. For some reason, Falen doesn't want to give up details about why he has the information. Perhaps he is protecting someone he cares about or simply trusts. An old friend or a family member, maybe? Akos is fairly certain that Falen isn't protecting Phelix or any of his cronies.

Akos is also certain that Falen is telling the truth about the Dusk being in Bluffside, or at the very least, Falen believes 100% that the Dusk are in Bluffside and it has the half-hobgoblin very worried. More than likely the Dusk are after him for what he knows about them and about Phelix Del Cannitha. Akos can also sense that Falen does believe that Waldo leads the Dusk.

The Loremaster doesn't think that Falen is passing along a secret message to someone else on the street (such as the nobleman or one of the guards), but Akos can't tell if Falen has been dominated or if a geas has been placed on him. He's definitely not under the influence of a charm person spell.

@Aust Thale,

Falen might be able to figure out that Akos has seen through the wildest parts of his Bluff to Commander Oakfirst. It requires a Sense Motive check as a Hunch (DC 20).

Falen - Sense Motive [Hunch] (DC 20): 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13 (failure)

So, he has no idea that Akos has seen through his exaggerated story. Akos fey heritage makes him hard for Falen to read.
--------------
BTW,
I was planning on writing my next reply before I go to physio today, but I've run out of time. Had to do laundry and run the dishwasher. I will see how I feel after physio and a trip to the grocery store, and if I'm up for it, I'll post later on in the afternoon or late tonight.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Damania Hollingsworth: The wife of the deceased Lord Mayor, Horatio Hollingsworth. She is wanted for questioning regarding his murder and remains the No. 1 suspect.

What do we think about this? was she replaced at some point with a doppelganger and simply used as a scapegoat now?
What does Akos know of the woman? Was she into the politics and out for personal power?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The first two room under the Gate of Scales...
Under the Gate of Scales_Rooms One and Two.png

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The partially-obscured white square shows where the hole is located in the guard post 20 feet above the PCs. Tuck can see with his darkvision that the central part of the floor in the northern chamber is made out of metal. He can't really see the corner columns in that room, but I figured I'd show them anyway.

Remove ads