Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Well, me the player knows that, but Tim does not; his worldview is pretty black and white when it comes to that sort of stuff. You're either one of the good guys, or one of the bad guys. Tim is Lawful Neutral, so for him, law abiding = "good" and violent criminal = "evil," with perhaps a little leeway given to non-violent criminals, whom he sees as "misguided."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Another thing to consider: whomever has Detect Thoughts would know that this spell would prove more reliable than simple Detect Evil since it provides (possibly) coherent and complete thoughts which could indicate an imposter with a greater degree of certainty.

Envisioner

Explorer
There are fifteen phrases that might work, seven of them that will do damage if spoken incorrectly (or are simply wrong), and four of them that will kill the speaker outright, if wrong. There five of them you can try without having to worry about dying or being severely damaged.

You can come up with those phrases, if you like.

So did you actually have particular phrases in mind, or were you asking us to make them up? The problem with that approach is that we don't know what sort of language Phelix likes to use when making up his portal keys. It wouldn't make much sense to have him talking about, say, fluffy kittens (unless this was a deliberate attempt to deceive people who know him well).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So did you actually have particular phrases in mind, or were you asking us to make them up? The problem with that approach is that we don't know what sort of language Phelix likes to use when making up his portal keys. It wouldn't make much sense to have him talking about, say, fluffy kittens (unless this was a deliberate attempt to deceive people who know him well).
Since it was @Neurotic's successful check that lead to him surmise the five safe phrases, I wanted to give him a chance to come up with them himself. I wasn't worrying too much about language choice, since I was assuming the phrases would be spoken in Draconic or another language often used by arcanists with leanings towards chaos (such as Abyssal or Anarchic).

But I can do it, if you guys prefer. I'll work on putting something together tonight.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Knowledge about trolls would fall under Knowledge (nature). That's not something that Relgar would know.
But I would... Except I wouldn't think others don't know something as basic as trolls :p
Still, roll because someone will ask IC

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases