Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I thought we're all going!? And the voice started to fade. I wouldn't separate the party, especially in the mist, double so for most with the killer in it.

That said, Akos has bad penalties to spot and listen so maybe he just thought the voice is going away and once in the most he couldn't see that the party is not following.

Maybe he can do some good this way - the rest of you, Please survive:)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm not assuming the group will move into attack. I'll leave that up to them to decide. But after @JustinCase had Tuck attack, I figured we should have an initiative count. If some go after the killer and others follow Akos, so be it. If they all choose to follow Akos, so be it.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I don’t feel like splitting the party, but I’d like to know the result of Tucks knowledge rolls to determine if he attacks or not.

Knowledge (nature) and knowledge (local): 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
Tuck is very certain that the creature he saw was a doppelganger. It was slender, frail and gray skinned. It's head was bald. Since the creature was fleeing away from him, Tuck didn't see its eyes but its arms and elongated fingers were obvious even in the mist. Tuck knows that this shapeshifter would have an easy time killing people and moving through Old city in disguise. The creature can read minds and cannot be affected by charm or sleep effects.

Tuck knows that most of the patrols in the city are made up of Regulars who are warriors that wouldn't be able to discern that the killer is a doppelganger unless they had seen and fought one before or until the creature was right on top of them. Thus, he's not surprised they haven't caught the thing yet.

If it gets away, finding it again will be a challenge.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Look for my next post either on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday was my birthday, so I'm watching a bunch of movies and maybe catch up on some TV shows. Cheers!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, for this combat, I'd like each of those trying to hunt the doppelganger through the fog, I'd like a Spot and Listen check each round, as I'm going to roll a Hide and Move Silently check for your foe each round. A successful check in a preceding round gives a +2 luck bonus for the next round. A failed check doesn't add a penalty but there is still the -4 circumstance penalty for the fog.

The doppelganger is trying to be quieter this round, so the bonus to your rolls for the this first round is only +2 circumstance bonus instead of a +4 bonus.

@Scotley, you're up first. You first listen check was a success, so you get the +2 luck bonus for Listen, which pushes your total bonus back up to +4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases