Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
If you're able to, try expanding your old PC's memory. Older memory usually much less expensive. Double replace what's there; i.e., if it has two 8 GB chips, replace them with two 16 GB chips. And so on. Win 10 is a memory hog, so the more memory you can cram in there, the better.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
If you're able to, try expanding your old PC's memory. Older memory usually much less expensive. Double replace what's there; i.e., if it has two 8 GB chips, replace them with two 16 GB chips. And so on. Win 10 is a memory hog, so the more memory you can cram in there, the better.
My old PC only has 8 GB and can only go to 16 GB. :(

It's only a stopgap while my new PC is being fixed.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Still advisable; Win 10 needs about 10 GB to run smoothly. You're 2 GB short of that. I'd upgrade to 16 GB if I were you. Then you could even extend the life of the older computer / keep it as a slave / storage unit on your network in the future. You could also use it to run your printer, so your main computer can be freed up to concentrate on other tasks.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Still advisable; Win 10 needs about 10 GB to run smoothly. You're 2 GB short of that. I'd upgrade to 16 GB if I were you. Then you could even extend the life of the older computer / keep it as a slave / storage unit on your network in the future. You could also use it to run your printer, so your main computer can be freed up to concentrate on other tasks.
It might get upgraded later on. I'm thinking of giving it to my mom, but it would have to be better than what she has now. I'm not sure that's the case. Yeah, it would probably need to go to 16. I wish it could have gone to 32, but 16 is its max.

Money is tight right now. I bought a 1TB portable backup drive, so I could save all my data quickly and easily. That was a major expense, although it was on sale. I had to make sure to copy all my gaming stuff back over to the old PC, as well as keeping copies on the new external drive. Tons of homebrewed material I don't want to risk losing.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Waiting to give you guys a chance to post replies to my last post, but if you'd all prefer to move on from the current scene, let me know.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Posted for Tim. Now that he has seen the Doppleganger change form twice (once as an old man, while being interrogated, and once as an old woman, trying to turn the city guardsmen against us) he is onto his modus operandi. Though he was ignorant of Dopplegangers before, Tim is a quick study, hence his thorough warning to the guard. He may not know exactly how the Doppleganger's abilities work, but he knows enough now to realize that the Doppleganger ABSOLUTELY cannot be trusted, under any circumstances. In his inner thoughts, Tim is planning to kill the next one of its kind that the party comes across. They are simply too slippery and conniving to allow them to run free.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Posted a new reply earlier today. The PCs are now in the stables known as Mill of Hooves to help the young boy, Joseph Dale.

Your PCs know there is another out there somewhere in the fog -- a older woman who has been placed somewhere in a cart or wagon. The chances of her being alive is pretty slim as Akos barely got to young Mr. Dale in time and Mani attacked him second. (I'm certain I mentioned that already, but if I didn't, I meant too.)

My post notes some details for more Knowledge (local) checks. The DC for the check is 18. I figured that Tuck and Akos would be the best choices to make such a check, but Tim has been in Bluffside long enough now that he can make an untrained Knowledge check for Old City. He can also use the Aid Another action to help either Tuck or Akos. Vinccenzo tried to help Akos, but the roll was, terrible.

(At least I didn't roll a 1 again.)

Breva hasn't been in Old City very long, so if he were to try an untrained Knowledge (local) check, I'd say it would be with a -2 circumstance penalty.

Now, both he and Tim have ranks in Knowledge (nobility and royalty) and Old City is a posh district with a lot of old bloodlines, so a successful check (DC 20) will yield possible places where the heroes could find a healer of noble stature (say at a local inn or a personal residence). Of course, not all nobles and rich merchants will be as eager to help, so a successful Diplomacy check (DC 20) would be required to get help from such individuals.

Just giving some options.

Hmm, would Breva's Lay on Hands ability cure the boy? :unsure:

I'm going to have to do a bit more research on the subject. Now, where'd I put my copy of Complete Champion?

Remove ads